• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jacobsburg rifle frolic

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdman

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Anybody going up to Jacobsburg the end of Oct. Nice little event with 150 to 200 people involved. The Henery's of Bolton homestead and museum is open and they have a slew of beautiful original guns made in Pa on display as well as quite a few accoutraments. Good people, good shooting, bow, tommahawk n knife a little bit for everyone. oh yea Jacobsburg is north of Allentown outside of Belfast Pa if ya was wondering. HEY PIPER!!!!! ya gonna make it or will work get in the way? will mis yer pipe playing iffen ya can't make it. YMHS Birdman

Well Wild yer sure more n welcome. If ya can't camp try n come up for the day. Ask around for Birdman, most folks there know me n ought ta be able to run ya in my direction. YMHS Birdman BEHAVE MYSELF!!!!!!! HUMMMPFFFF NOT

Birdman,
Would that be the 28th and 29th? Don't know if I could make it but it is an interesting idea.
volatpluvia

Hi. I've been trying to get some info. on this event. Do you have to pre-register? How much $$? Anything special I should know?

Thanx.

Fiddler

ok this ought to help you guys out, the event is outside Belfast Pa just north some from Allentown, its on the old Henry"s of Boulton homestead. You can get directions by Googleing in "Jacobsburg Historical Society" and checking out the site. Yea Leon the dates are the 27th-28th n 29th of Oct. The cost is $20.00 at the gate. You could have pre-reged but the time limit has passed ,I thinks its 5 bucks cheaper if ya pre reg.They have rifle, woods walk, archery, hawk n knife, stuff for the kids, Scottish games pumkin carving. I believe they will have a big pot of Chilli for the camp on Sat eve n you can bring your own extras for the camp feed. Ya can't breakdown before 3pm on Sun, as it is open to the pubic all weekend(they sometimes make exceptions due to on coming weather). Check out the web site for all the other particulars. Its a good time with a good bunch of people. Hope this helps some YMHS Birdman

Hey Meastro you n the family going to make it up to JBurg? Been awhile since I laid eyes on ya. I'm gonna try n head up early in the week(got permission from Tim) for a couple quiet days of woods wandering before the crowd shows up. Guess the next event for me will be Lancaster at Muddy Run n then the Eastern in the same place. Might try tp fit in a couple others during the summer but never know with the ovewrtime at work n all. Hope to see ya there. YMHS Birdman

I am going to try to go. Sounds like a fun time. How far is it from New Jersey? About?

Never mind my last question. About 2 hours from me. Not to far to drive for some shinnin times.

I hope to go on Sunday as Saturday looks like a rain out. I want to stop by Dixons too. Does anybody know if they might be closed for any reason?

Ok to anyone whose interested, :confused: got back from Jburg Sunday night. Had been in camp since Tuesday. Man the only weather we didn't get was the nice n warm kind. If it wasn't raining it was blowing around 35 mph and better. Then the temp went down in the low twenties(wasn't ready for that this early in the year)BRRRRRR LOL of course Sunday during pack up the sun come out all nice n pretty just in time to go back to work. ALL N ALL HAD A GREAT TIME :thumbsup: saw a couple friends from here on the board n got to chew the fat a bit also got to talk to a couple interested flatlanders which is always fun. When ya do this crazy hobby as long as I have it never ceases to amaze me that no matter how bad the conditions we always work it out n have fun :v ya all take care YMHS Birdman

Birdman,
Glad you had fun and survived! :bow: :grin: :rotf: :blah: :shocked2:
God bless.
volatpluvia

Back