• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Removing tape glue from wood?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walley

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I bought a new rifle, a CVA Stalker Carbine. They
had the screw that secures the barrel to the stock
taped to the stock with scotch tape. When I removed
the tape to assemble the rifle the glue stayed on the
wooden stock. How can I remove the tape glue
without ruining the finish on the stock?

Thanks

WD-40. Let sit for 30 mintues, wipe residue off. Problem solved.

:grin: I highly recommend Goo Gone---available in Home Dopey and other of similar ilk. It's basically a citrus cleanser that washes off leaving no residue. :v

Rubbing alcohol works also for removing tape residue but whatever you use try it out in an inconspicous spot first to make sure it won't harm the finish.

Another useful thing for that is PAM - the stuff you put on pots & pans so the food won't stick. It's gooey and it takes longer to get the tape gunk off than WD40, and you might need to use a little soap & water to get it all off, but the nice thing is, you can eat it. Good for use on things that might track stuff into your mouth, like a canteen or something.

The active ingredient is Lecithin.

I use lighter fluid. Put a little on a paper towel & it usually removed it. Also removes the residue left from removing price tage & etc. on gifts for the kids for X-mas & etc. :thumbsup:

If you have Ballistol around, it'll zip the adhesive off without hurting the finish.

Latest posts

Back