• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I Bought a Hunting License . .

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paco97

40 Cal.
Reaction score
At Wally World today. I crossed the border to get my MD hunting license. While my license was being processed, the other worker was unloading a shipment of the new Devil Guns (the other MLs) and he says to me, "Wanna buy a muzzleloader?" I replied, "Nope!" so he says, "It just came in today!" as he was putting it in the case. I said "I only shoot Flintlocks!" and he said, "Must be from PA!" and I said, "Nope, WV!" He looked at me weird and then starting grinning and said, "Must be your preference!" I said, "Yep!" and proceeded to tell him about how much fun it is to shoot a flintlock and the key to being successful with them is to have a well made rifle! He turned around and walked away after that. Sorry to say, I don't think I converted him, but at least a seed was planted!

You can lead a horse to flint but you can't make it knapp...

You stuck to your guns though, way to go... :thumbsup:

Wow...you actually have people at Wally World that can tell the differance??

The Wal-Mart's Sports Secton I "use to shop" was taken over by a manger whose last department was the Candy and Card Department. The sales guy just shook his head as he told me. She tried to get rid of all the "guns" but HQ made her keep the M/L. I guess she assumes that I would come into Wal-Mart to buy only my license and go somewhere else for the rest of my hunting needs.

I had a simliar experience today at my office. I work for a construction company and one of the guys I hired for the roadcrew came in here this morning with his buddy whom I was supposed to hire as well. The first guy says to me, "So, I hear you like to shoot muzzle-loaders, man!" And I said, "Yup. Sure do. I'm a traditionalist though. I shoot flintlocks, I use powderhorns, and I use spit-lubed pillowticking. Do you shoot muzzle-loaders?"

And he said, "Uhm.... no. Well.. I have an in-line." And he didn't say anything after that. I was gonna tell him all about it, but he was called out by the foreman. I guess I probably could have converted him. But there's plenty of time, I'm sure.

Swamp Rat said:
Wow...you actually have people at Wally World that can tell the differance?? :rotf:
Hey I work at wal-mart,but I work in the produce department.I cant tell the difference between a cantelope and a honeydew.Honeydews are the wifes list of chores arent they? :rotf:

They are like a long standing joke here. Don't know why the State allows them to sell licenses/tags as they totally screw up selling them.

Wal-mart is a joke to the people working for them.I take no offense to jokes about wal-mart. :grin: Just dont tell my store manager :rotf:

i work the night maintance at wally world....i've been on medical leave since dec 30th 05 till i had my surgery in august finaly....they sure don't treat ya like sam might have back when he was in charge he's probabily tossing in his grave now....when i filled out my leave papers i saw a 800 number fer disabilty and called to apply fer it....got a letter back that i wasn't eligaible that i wasn't signed up fer it when i filled out fer my benifit package....but no word was ever said that i had to sign up fer before i ever knew i would need it....and the assiociate maniger that's supossed to help us didn't even say anything bout it even when i asked if that is all i need to sign up fer in case of anything happened like what i just went through :cursing: ....sorry bout venting but wally world burns me up to no end..........bob

Lot of changes since Sam passed and many of them not so good, but like anything a lot depends on the staff and management of the particular store.

mike

Bob,
Just had a similar experience at the Sam's
Club that I work at as a night merchandizer.
Been there 8 years and have always had long and
short term disability that I have paid for.
Resently had some back and leg problems that
were not work related. Went on medical leave of
absence. After using up all my sick leave,
personal time and vacation time I applied for
short term disability which would have ammounted
to 3 days and it was denied even though my
Dr. said I was unable to perform my job.I like
my job and the people I work with but I was
very disappointed in the way I was treated during
this time. I also tried to get some bucks from
my 401 to cover some bills. I have put in 5% of
my pay since the day I started at Sam's and was
told I could not touch that money until I was
69 years old unless it was a hardship withdrawl.
What is a hardship to me and what it is to them
are entirely different. No dough there either.
Oh well, off to work I go.
snake-eyes :confused:

snake-eyes said:
Bob,
I also tried to get some bucks from
my 401 to cover some bills. I have put in 5% of
my pay since the day I started at Sam's and was
told I could not touch that money until I was
69 years old unless it was a hardship withdrawl.
What is a hardship to me and what it is to them
are entirely different. No dough there either.
Oh well, off to work I go.
snake-eyes :confused:

This is both true and not true.
You can always get your money back if you want it. It's your money. You may not be able to get whatever the company has kicked in as a match. You will have to pay federal, state and local taxes on the amount that you withdraw. In addition, unless you meet one or more of a few, very special conditions, you will have to pay a 10% eraly penality to the irs.
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc558.html
George

I'm jest glad I don't have to buy any more huntin' licenses, got my lifetime from the State last year. :blah: The tough part is I still need to buy all the extra tags, etc. :(

George,
Thanks for the link...But I knew about
the taxes and 10% penelty on an early withdrawl.
When they brought up the hardship thing my very
first question was "are you saying I can't even
get the money that I contributed". The answer
was that is right unless you can document a
hardship.
They sent me a form that listed their
criteria of hardship.(such as medical bills,
funeral exspences, buying a new house)Nothing
about paying everyday bills(like electric,car
payment,rent,insurence,food, etc.) Other than
their concept of hardship I had to wait till
I was 69 yrs old.Keep in mind I only wanted
$2K which is chump change to what is in the
account.
I'm back to work and will do just fine
but it would have been a lot less stressful with
that $2K.
snake-eyes :thumbsup:

I went tueday to the town clerk to get my hunting license.well we was waiting for the computer to "up" she asked if I'd liked to "apply" (random? pick) for a doe permit. I said yes,but the state should give me one anyway cause I hunt only with a flintlock....she said "what's that?" I just said "Daniel Boone type gun" she was near shock and said "yes they should!" and danged if they didn't! now I can harvest 2 bucks and 3 does or 1 buck and 4 does..........now if I can just see a deer..........we had 22 tags last year between 4 of us,,2 shots, 1 buck,1 tag filled. did see deer but evidently we're too picky,we're lookin for the "right" one???? oughta maybe think on this a bit more...... :shake: well seein them is half the fun..RC :thumbsup:

Swamp Rat said:
Wow...you actually have people at Wally World that can tell the differance?? :rotf:

And they can tell it in English! Round my parts neither one would happen.

Latest posts

Back