• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

attention .32cal shooters out there

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadz

32 Cal.
Reaction score
this maybe common knowlage and then i appaligize and will feel real dumb. as i am disabled i got a lot of time to tinker around with stuff and began to try diferent balls paches and stuff i found that if you use 0buck .318 to .319 and a .0015" patch lightly buttered in a Tc Cherokee backed up by 15gr ffg the combanation works great you get 658 ball pr 5 pound bag at $12.00 the patches look good and are easy to load group are real tight just under 1"@ 50yds compared to .311 balls for $8.00 per hundred

Hi; Been doing that for years, only difference is the lube is spit and 20grains 3f works best. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Shadz, for that info. Where can one find a five pound bag of O-buck? Where I buy my shot for reloading shotshells there never seems to be anything largr than around #4, but I guess the supplier could order a bag.

Thanks Shadz i`ll have to try that. I was wondering if you ever found some conicals to shoot out of your Cherokee. I`m really sorry about the conicals through the mail deal. Wish I had more to send ya.

Burch

Another variable to try!Will have to keep an eye out for 0 buck.Right now I have 900 .310 RB to use.Will try this winter.THANKS.

That is good info I wondered how they would shoot and you just confirmed good!! I have about 20 years worth of balls and bullets for my .32 right now but things change so thanks for the heads up.

Great information. Thanks! I'm right now in the market for my first .32 and had wondered about that. I almost went .36 because of the ease of finding 00 buck, but I really wanted a .32 instead.

shadz,
:hmm: Thanks for the heads-up. The way things are going every little bit of $$$$ saved
is a plus.
snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Plink said:
Great information. Thanks! I'm right now in the market for my first .32 and had wondered about that. I almost went .36 because of the ease of finding 00 buck, but I really wanted a .32 instead.

This may be specific to the Cherokee and maybe a few other barrels--in my .32 a .310 ball is a tight fit and the buck shot wouldn't fit I am sure...

Same here, a .310 ball and .013 patch is a tight fit in my .32, .318 or .319 + .015 patch wouldn't go in my barrel.

The #1 Buck shot is .300 and with a thick patch it shoots very well out of my .32 and several friends .32 rifles.

Give them a try and BTW they load nice so the kids will not struggle with the ramrod.
:thumbsup:

Blackfoot said:
The #1 Buck shot is .300 and with a thick patch it shoots very well out of my .32 and several friends .32 rifles.

Give them a try and BTW they load nice so the kids will not struggle with the ramrod.
:thumbsup:
Hornady lists their 0 buck as .320" diameter, never the less I have shot them from a Crockett .32 with no problems. They were not especially accurate but might do better if I spent more time with them. For a .36, Hornady 000 buck is listed at .350" and I did have good luck with them in a .36 caliber single shot pistol. 00 runs .330" and I can't see any rifle application.

the brand i use is hornady i miced them @3.18 to .319 though the box said .320. All i did was go to my locale gunshop and order the buckshot too 3 days.with the origanal rear sight (pretty poor for my eyes) i'm shotting 1.62"@50 yards and just about 1" overall dia. not center to center @ 25 yards from a rest off bags..as for the rifle if this helps the origanal ball mold for the Cherokee was 3.15 acording to Tc.....i can't wait till the 14th of oct. the first day squirrel here in pa.now i allways get excited as they are my fav. game anamal but this year i have a new means to hunt them with and 2 new hunting buds my 12 and my 13 yo sons as its there first year hunting.....nope not yet on the conicals still looking

Rebel,

Ballistic Products lists their sizes at .010" bigger than Horandy (00=.330", and 000-.360"). I suspect its also hardened, based on their description.

Track sells Hornady brand too.

yes but i was useing (0 buck) check on there sight they don.t seem to show any (0buck)

It has been so many many many many years since I have taken a shotgun buck shot apart this may not be of any value. In days past buck shot were not all that round and did not hold shape. Don't know if this even applies any longer.

Don Jackson Remington Magnum/Ultramag

Back