• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Michigan Black powder suppliers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pigman

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Does any one know of any stores in southern Michigan that still sell black powder?

Thanks,
Mark

Check with Gun's Galore in Fenton. Classic Arms in Lansing does sell it (they are out of 1f and 4f though. :( )

It's not Mid Mi. but Two Knive's trading in Petoskey Is where my buddy gets his powder.

How about googling Goex, get their map of the U.S., find the name and phone number( 800) for the distributor to your state, or area, and call him? He can tell you the nearest retailer. Or, many of them also have email addresses. If you write them, they will tell you where you can buy Black Powder close to you. i have found the distributors are very interested in selling black powder, and for that reason, they are more than helpful. One man out West told me to have my cousin call him, and he would ship the powder directly to him, if there was not a near enough location for BP in his area.

I found a link to Goex here, which makes it even easier to contact them.

Bass Pro Shop at Great Lakes Crossing.

Gander Mountain near Lakeside Mall and Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi.

Cabelas in Dundee.

Shooters Service, Livonia. (734) 525-1130
Westborn Gun Shop, Taylor. (313) 291-6035
Kenockee Trading Post, N'west of Port Huron (810) 324-2577

I don't know if Guns Galore in Fenton sells blackpowder but you could ring them up. (810) 629-5917

Regards, sse

every time I've tried to buy Goex at both these stores they have been out. when was the last time you checked? If they have finally decided to start carrying it again that would be great.

Jon

Snuffy said:
Bass Pro Shop at Great Lakes Crossing.

Gander Mountain near Lakeside Mall and Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi.

Cabelas in Dundee.

You may want to check the price on these places before making the trip, the major retailers ae not much on black powder anymore. For instance - Bass Pro Shops in Cincinnati was wanting $21.00 a pound for Goex. I'm sorry, that is silly, you can get it for half that price in a lot of places if you look around some.

Most of the over the counter prices I have seen are in the $16.00 range.

Regards, sse

Talked to the local gunsmith. They've stocked BP since his father opened for business back about 1940. Said "they've" made it so much of a pain he no longer stocks black powder. Doesn't know of anyone else in the area who does; I've bought it from him for years. I don't know of anywhere else within 100 miles and even those few are only rumors of having any. Guess I might have to join up with some of the clubs for bulk purchase. IF that is still available.

I have not recently tried getting powder from the three I mentioned. Yes... they are expensive there. I've been to Kenochee Trading Post a few weeks ago for Swiss and Schuetzen. They even have the Goex. But that place is expensive also. Call for prices. I paid $23 for Swiss -- $20 for Schuetzen there. Ouch!

Yup the local sources are dear indeed but I still buy some from them so they will still carry it. I buy most that I do buy from online stores. I figure if it doesn't sell the local stores will stop and then there will be no place for the newbee's who won't buy bulk to buy at any price.

Just my .02

Jon

Johnsons sporting goods in Adrian Mi.
Goex is $15.00 per #
not to bad.... I guess.

Back