• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

NL1000

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
Had bought a 10-pack carton of Natural Lube 1000 tubes a year or so ago (from a prominent BP supplier) and after finally finishing off all the loose tubes I already had, I opened the carton.

All the tubes of NL1000 were stiff...the lube seemed sort of dry and waxy...had to really strain to get any to move out of the tube even a half inch...I'm used to it being like crisco or toothpaste at room temperature...but every one of them were as stiff as if they had been in a refridgerator.

Called TC and they didn't even hesitate...apologized for the inconvenience, told me to send it back and they'd replace all of it right away...it was taken in such easy stride that it made me wonder if that was a known situation, that they already had other returns like that...dunno...the good news is they're going to replace it

Roundball,
I throw the tube in the bucket of hot rinse water while cleanning and let it melt down and set up again....Jim

Stone Bridge said:
Roundball,
I throw the tube in the bucket of hot rinse water while cleanning and let it melt down and set up again....Jim
Like there might have been some sort of ingredients separation during long term storage?
Does the heating up up restore it to it's normal consistency? Permanently?

wow it's not even one of there firearms and they are willing to do that....all right T/C :hatsoff: .............bob

Over these last 17 months, I've had one tube of it that was pretty hard and one that was like water. It's great that they are going to replace it. :thumbsup:

xbowman said:
Over these last 17 months, I've had one tube of it that was pretty hard and one that was like water. It's great that they are going to replace it. :thumbsup:
Replacement 10 pack of tubes from TC was on the front porch when I got home...the lube in all the tubes is as soft as vaseline...great customer service! (looks like they've redesigned the formatting & printing on the tube a little too)
:thumbsup:

I've got some old prelubed maxiballs that I shot last night and they have dry crusty NL1000 on them too. BUt they are probably 10 plus years old. They shot fine though. I've got some that I removed teh lube from. Maybe i'll relube with fresh NL1000 and report back.

Back