• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Turkey&Double barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebel

Cannon
Reaction score
If this works it is a pic of the tom i took with my Navy Arms double barrel
2005turkey2.jpg

Hot d**n, i really did it all by myself. :grin:

Hey guys this was a tom i took in '05, i just wanted to see if i had figured out how to post a pic. Fall season starts Oct 15. Hope to take another one with the flinter. A hen prefeably this time to eat.

:grin: Looks like your photo-bucket account and your double barrel are both working just great :rotf:
Soggy

That was just a young one, not much beard at all. The one i took this spring with the Jackie Brown .20 ga. flinter was a bit over 21 lbs. had a 9 3/4" beard and i didn't measure spurs. Hope to get a hen next month for eating. The young tom wasn't bad, but the big one was not all that great. Figure a young hen should eat good.

Very nice photo, Rebel! :thumbsup: Though not "PC", we put our turkeys in a turkey bag, bake till golden brown, usually about 2 1/2 hrs more or less and they come out great, even big gobblers :winking:

If you want some good eatin', skin your bird. Filet the meat off the breasts. Cut it into cubes about 2" square. Marinade a couple days in Zesty Italian dressing. Put it on the grill and cook for 10 minutes or so, until done. Mister, you'll never roast another turkey again!
As far as the legs go, I boil them. Take the meat off the bones and tendons. Then, I either use it for soup or grind it up and mix it with mayo, some sweet relish, and salt & pepper to taste for some of the best lunch spread I've ever eaten.

Will have to try the Turkry-kabobs. And we do make turkey salad for sandwiches. I did skin both of the toms i took, but we roasted them in the oven. Young one was fine.

That's a fine bird. Great accoutrements also. There's just something special about a successful hunt with a charcoal burner. Good luck on your upcoming hunt.

Deep fry'em, that's some good eatin. No you can't delete images from photobucket without losing the posted image.

It sure is a great feeling when the smoke clears and the turkey's down, ain't it?! :thumbsup:
I feel the same way after the BBQ, too. :rotf:

Yep, it sure is. That was from the spring of '05, in '06 i used the flintlock fowler and i am going to use it this fall too. Makes it even more fun.

nice bird reb! musta been hard to get, I didn't see it fer a week :hmm: ! :rotf: one barrel er two???? :blah: good luck w/ the flinter..that'll be a blast....or two! :winking: RC

One shot, one Kill. :grin: I only had to use one shot with the double barrel and i only have 1 shot with the flinter. Makes it more interesting.

Back