• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Recycling

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Last week, while our club was cleaning up about 160 acres of state forest, we came across the blue part of this contraption. It was an old grinder stand. Instead of sending it to the scrap metal yard, I brought it home, added 60 pounds of concrete to the base, added a tray, and mounted my versa-vise on it. Ya think it will work as a building station. The woods are cleaner anyway.
DSCF0162.jpg
[/img]
Bill

Looks a while lot like my post vise. I just did not add the cement to the wheel. I like a vise for a lot of jobs, but prefer fore and aft hold devices for working on ML rifles since they seem to need the extra support. A foream support would seem like an easy and handy addition to your new tool.

Just my thoughts...

CS

Good idea but seeing I've got a very heavy hand, sinking it in a concrete floor would be just the ticket. That long post would exert a lot of leverage {force} on the tire rim and it would rock for me.....Fred

Bill, you have done what I did to one of my post vices in the blacksmith shop. You'll be happy you've added the weight. Bookie

Good answers, but let me add that I would think that a second rim with an adjustable upright acting as a support would be a good idea.

I did not use cement in mine as I like to carry my post vise in my truck to Open Forge demos.

CS

Latest posts

Back