• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flush kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horace

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Bot a flush kit for my fintlock and it will not flush. I leave the vent liner in and am careful to line up the hole. I cannot get it to pump. What could be the problem. The flush kit is a Pedersoli.

I also have never had much luck with any of those clamp-on flushers. Even though it means removing the touch hole liner each time I still prefer the ones that thread in in place of the liner.
If you can get it to clamp snug and make a good seal with the barrel, then try to wet your cleaning patch to make it seal to the inside of the bore. Also once you have worked your patch the whole length of the barrel to the bottom, pour a little water down the inside of the barrel to help further seal the air gaps. This should give you the suction needed to syphon the water up into the barrel.

Toomuch
Shoot Flint

Mine is too much trouble to fool with. It leaks if you don't get it on absolutely perfect and tighten with pliers.

If you have liners with the screwdriver slots, those slots will leak air. I found that with my TOTW flush tool. It works great with other types of TH liners.

I was thinking of filling the slots with heavy grease or wax to help seal. Hot water might cause it melt away. Cool water might work fine.

Java Man

Tried the wax thing and it does melt away with hot water.I only use mine on the smooth touchholes no slots. For the slotted touchholes i remove them and use one of the threaded flush nipples.

Back