• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Underhammer thread request from FW

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmww

70 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi all. FW (Fred) has been writing me from the hospital and is limited in his access to the forum. He made this request.

NEED BIG FAVOR I cant go back more than 30 days, would you lookup Jacobs Underhammer and put the link for it here

I can't seem to find it. I told him I'd post the request to you all also.

Claude I wasn't sure if this post should go here (I'm thinking he's talking percussion underhammer.) Or, to post it in General. :hmm: If I made as mistake please send it to the appropriate area. Thank you.

GMWW

I fould this one under Builder's Bench:[url] http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/107983/hl/underhammer/tp/0/all/1/[/url]

It's titled "Jimbo's Underhammer" and runs seven pages. Maybe that's the one he wants.

Last edited by a moderator:
I searched for jacob, jake, jak and looked at the posts some of the folks with those names or those names in their names and didn't find much about underhammers. I guess I could have searched for "underhammer" but I think I would get so many hits I would be here all night looking at them. :(

FW made a answer in a post about underhammers and Jacob contacting him.
Actually, the post is about some Underhammer that was for sale on the web at Gunbroker. Here's a link to it:
FW's post

I searched underhammer and after the 4th page I got an error.

I respectfully could go no further sorry Fred.
Hope ya feeling better and the ticker is tocking properly.

Thank you all. FW is still kicking around the hospital. We were able to figure out what thread he was looking for. Here it is incase anyone was interested.

The thread FW wanted.

I just love this site! :thumbsup:

gmww: Why hell! You could have saved us a lot of time if you would have just said

"Can you help find the post that I made about underhammers that FW wants to see but can't because his machine won't look that far back, and it doesn't mention anyone named Jacob or his underhammer at all?"

:rotf: :grin: :rotf: :rotf:

Glad you found it for him. :)

:redface: Thanks for the effort guys. Old FW is hard to understand sometimes. I think they got him on some strong meds. :rotf:

http://www.oldjakeproducts.com/jacob_underhammer.html
I believe this is the the web site you wanted. I emailed them about 6 months ago and they were not in production at that time. Suggest you drop them a line. There is a gentleman in Germany that makes beautiful underhammers but they are in the thousands. If you his site drop me a line. Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of our members may very well have physical problems that are not common to all here. Misspelled words or incoherent phrases should be overlooked without giving each other a hard time over it. Some may very well be on meds that are needed. Tolerance and patience is a good thing for all. Just a friendly reminder.
Don :hatsoff:

I have to say, FW is at times hard to understand. It is understandably a result of his physical limitations at the moment. However, he has got to be....no he is my favorite poster here. We keep in touch even when he is at the hospital which I still am wondering how he swung that. The little I've got to know about him has been just great. His son's story about him firing off the old gun before he went to the hosptial for surgery was just perfect for what I imagine FW to be like.

I only pray for his speedy recovery as I sure miss his posts! :applause:

FW - get well and get home soon. too bad they won't let you bring underhammers to the hospital, i bet you could find a hallway long enough to shoot down. plus no wind! i thought for sure that you would win the 100 yd X-sticks contest with that 6ft long underhammer! wk1

I firmly believe many here ARE on drugs. Especially those who claim tiny little groups shot at very loooong ranges. Also, thays a bunch ere what kant schpell too gude and gotsa talk like dey was cut outa da last scene of da Big Sky. The rest is just plain crazy. :youcrazy:

Seriously, glad he found the link. Hope he gets well soon. He's a class guy.

RedFeather said:
I firmly believe many here ARE on drugs. Especially those who claim tiny little groups shot at very loooong ranges. Also, thays a bunch ere what kant schpell too gude and gotsa talk like dey was cut outa da last scene of da Big Sky. The rest is just plain crazy. :youcrazy:

Seriously, glad he found the link. Hope he gets well soon. He's a class guy.

Who dat? Who dat yor palverin 'n jawbonin bout? :hmm: :grin:

Davy

Red Feather, a lot of this is in fun like bein" "round a campfar. Loosn up and hav sum fun wit' us. Davy is da ony krazie one here and now you come 'long and ruin it by makin' it 2. :grin:

Just an update. I just got an email from Fred's son. Apparently Fred got put back into the hospital. Sounds kinda serious. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Apparently Fred got put back into the hospital. Sounds kinda serious. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
he is. i hope that old timer gets out soon. :(

An update for those who are concerned about FW. He has been unconcious in the hospital. His son Blaine has been keeping me up to date on Fred's account here. Fred woke up briefly to complain about a couple of things including his wish to go home. I think he wants to test out his new .63 Cal. Zepher barrel he got from John Taylor. FW is out again but the little bit of conciousness sure is a bright light.

Please keep him in your prayers.

GMWW

Well FW's son snuck the new .62 cal. barrel John Taylor made up for him into Fred' hospital room. Fred was quite please I'm told. They've moved him to what Blaine calls a rest home to heal up.

Fred gave him instructions on how to load it up to test fire. Apparently it needs thick patches but hit what he aimed at! :)

Back