• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Common ML things that drive you nuts...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What works good for the hole in the jaw screw?

Well it is not "PC" (that drives me nuts) but what I found that fits in the hole perfect on any flintlock is one of those folding allen wrench tools with the carbide bits. Find the largest one that fits your particular hole and tighten up as much as you want :thumbsup:

BTW I aint putten any type of piss in any of my rifles ever!!!

The lack of locally available MLer equipment and components in New Zealand.
The only commercially available BP is Chinese and it is rubbish compared to the good stuff like Swiss. VERY few gun shops carry ANY MLer gear.
Still.....there is only 4 million of us in NZ, less than 200,000 registered firearms owners of which very few shoot MLers so I guess I'm stuck with it. Oh, and no Murphy's Oil Soap!
Actually now that I think about it my biggest gripe is not enough time to shoot my 2 smoke poles.

cheers

Jeff

Members repeatedly asking when the classified section is going to be re-opened. :rotf:

SP

No really when is it going to open again, I have some junk to sell. j/k

threads, not clothing, but screws and bolts. something about hearing 8-32nds that drives me nuts. :nono: (its 8-32)
:thumbsup:

It drives me nuts to get to the range and have a muzzleloader that is one caliber and have balls in my pouch that are for another gun of a different caliber.Also when I am hunting and look down to find out that the cap came off my nipple way back when??? Forgetting to put powder down the barrel before the ball really drives me nuts!!!
J.J.

Hey Vic.....Do you shoot at Ft. Osage ? Are you a member of THE MISSOURI OFFHAND ASSOCIATION?Do you shoot at Berryville Ark ? ......A lot of questions huh!

Olson

Hey Vic......Do you shoot at FT OSAGE or MISSOURI OFFHAND,or go to Berryville Ark?

Olson

Halftail said:
TANSTAAFL said:
The constant negative critiquing and nitpicking as to what fellow muzzleloaders do, or don't do.

The people that complain about The constant negative critiquing and nitpicking as to what fellow muzzleloaders do or don't do. :rotf:

I promise not to get obturated with statements like urine. :blah:

Holy moly driving 50 miles each way to get bp ? With the price of gas these days it would cost more then the powder . I hope they don't limit you as to how many pounds you can buy at one time.

Pittsburghunter said:
People in the woods that you run into. "Why you hunting with that? don't you know it's rifle season?"

Then you have to say... "Yeh it is a rifle"

Or the same person asking you if you are shooting the new power shock super copper spire pointed mega killer sabot out of it.
Oh and where's the scope supposed to go on that thing?
:cursing:

HD

CROWHOP said:

A good stout nail will work, round the point off first to protect your fingers...

I have also used a steel bar turned on a lathe to fit the hole...

Musketman said:
CROWHOP said:

A good stout nail will work, round the point off first to protect your fingers...

I have also used a steel bar turned on a lathe to fit the hole...
I will try that.Thanks

Pitt,

That is good, but in my case not true. The fact of being in the woods during rifle season with a smooth bore flintlock really gets them going. But then I do not hate any of it at all. :)

In fact I find nothing that really drives me nuts about all of it. I am just happy to be here!

CS

Johnny Tremain said:
Superflint said:
SWABBING THE BORE AFTER EVERY SHOT. If a law was ever passed that made this necessary, I would give up shooting black powder.

When blowing becomes law, only outlaws wont blow.
:thumbsup: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Pittsburghunter said:
People in the woods that you run into. "Why you hunting with that? don't you know it's rifle season?"

Then you have to say... "Yeh it is a rifle"

Then they follow up by saying: "Ya aughta get a better gun instead of that ole thang."

Little do they know it was just made......

Someone with a new Inline tells me how wrong I am for hunting with a Musket! :cursing:

Back