• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New TVM Early Lancaster

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My new TVM Early Lancaster arrived. Her name is Emily. She has a 54cal, 44" Swamped Green Mountain Barrel. :grin:
The dog's name is Harley.
DCP_2384.jpg

DCP_2388.jpg

Nice looking rifle! Have you shot it yet? I started out with 75 grs ffg and a .530 ball in my Getz barreled Lancaster, but have not yet had much time to fine tune it. (Its deer killer accurate now)

P.S. where do you live? I have a close friend in Selinsgrove on the River....

Thanks Mike, I have been working on my first box of rb's with 50grs of 3f. One ragged hole at 20yds. After I get 200 rb's through it, I will start fine tuning the sights and working up a hunting load. What a difference from shooting my Lyman GPR to shooting this Lancaster. The gun points itself and the butt style is soooooo comfortable. I am 1.5hrs northeast of Selinsgrove. The next time you are up this way, please give me a yell, it would be nice to meet ya.

Way to go.
I just got my TVM leman left hand 54cal
After lapping the barrel with NECO I shot it this morning. ONce I got it centered at 50yrds my last five shot group mesures a respectable seven eightinch :hatsoff:

Wow, nice looking gun. The barrel doesn't look that long, guess the length of pull off sets it a bit. 54cal should put em' down in their tracks. I was starting to think that the 43 1/2" barrel on my 40 cal Poorboy was long, glad to see someone else with a long barrel. That long sight radius sure will aid in shooting, at least I hope it does. Keep us posted and let us know how it shoots and Congrats on the new addition to the family. :thumbsup:

Nice looking rifle there. I wish I could see the wood better, looks much better than average.

Regards, sse

Beautiful rifle, and small world. I didn't know there were any fellow Susquehanna countians on here!

That's a beautiful rifle you have there. What calibers is that model rifle offered in? I kind of wanted something bigger then a .54 caliber. Also if I might ask, what kind of turn around time does TVM have on something like that?

Last but not least.. that's a beautiful dog. Harley looks like he enjoys having his picture taken...

I waited 13 months for this rifle. TVM offers this gun in calibers from .32 up to .62. Matt will make you a beautiful solid gun and will stand behind it. I also have a TVM Fowler named "Anna Mae" :grin:
Cayugad, yes, Harley loves having his picture taken, he is on his way to being 120lb lap dog :shake:

RiverRat said:
I waited 13 months for this rifle. TVM offers this gun in calibers from .32 up to .62. Matt will make you a beautiful solid gun and will stand behind it. I also have a TVM Fowler named "Anna Mae" :grin:
Cayugad, yes, Harley loves having his picture taken, he is on his way to being 120lb lap dog :shake:

That's not too bad considering it is a custom built rifle. I really like the idea of a .62 caliber with a 1-70+ twist. I wonder what the best twist would be in that large of a bore? I take it Matt custom tunes the lock and all? Your rifle sure is nice looking, all I want is a solid plain jane model. Nothing fancy, more for function and shooting is all. Thanks for the information.

As for Harley, you must have a heck of a big lap.. :grin:

sse said:
Nice looking rifle there. I wish I could see the wood better, looks much better than average.

Regards, sse

Looks like regular fire wood to me, only he aint split it yet.

Corse he coulda moved the rifle so's we coulda got a better look at it, aye?

:rotf:

Kinda sounds like somethin' Mike Nesbitt would buy for his daughter[url] EMILY.In[/url] the picture which one was Emily?...............Renegade

Last edited by a moderator:
Back