• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Chicken Killer !!!!!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hindsite

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I caught this weasel in January . :cursing: He killed six chickens before I caught him. They are extremely bold, this one was eating meat from my hand and finished the entire piece. He would have eaten the finger off my hand if I let him. It's a good thing these things are no bigger than they are. If one of these critters was as big as a dog and fought with a dog, the dog would die !!!!!!

HWea.jpg

:hmm: Cute little bugger isn't he ?(as long as he's not in your chicken coupe.... that is)
We used to have a mouse problem at our hunting camp, then about 4-5 years ago a weasel took up residence. Haven't seen any sign of mice since.
Soggy

Hoyt said:
I didn't know them things came in white.
Yup! they turn white in the winter up here in the frozen north. I guess it's their "camo" Just the tip of their tail stays dark. Same thing with our rabbits (snowshoe hare) cept the rabbits don't turn as pure white as the weasels do.
Soggy

hindsite :{

in my part of the country we call them critters " ermine " in the winter when they have white fur and weasels the rest of the year when they are in the brown stage ....... unique critters thats for sure , the ultimate killing machine

only seen one weasel in the wild in all the years I been tramping the woods. It had killed a rabbit n was dragging it little by little towards a brush pile near the end of a log. The rabbit had to be four or five times bigger then the weasel. Man those little buggers are tuff n strong too.I understand they are related to Otter, skunk ,ferrets n mink, all of which can be ornery critters in a pinch.I know they don't last long when caged. Did ya turn it loose or take its pelt?

Found one of those stomped to death in the Turkey coop, one flat, dead weasel and no dead turkeys.

If they were as big as a couger, we'd all better look out :hmm: :bow: :nono: :shocked2: :cursing: .....
wea3.jpg

and then......Run like heck !!!!!!!!!!

That would probably pretty cool. Just case it out, air dry it and either fix a spout to the hole at the end(butt) or mabey its mouth? one should be plenty big. Mabey it should be lined :hmm:

Don't let Mike Brooks see this thread, I here tell that he's President of the He-men Weasal haters club :haha:
Still, I'd like to see that bugger in the pen with some of Mike's roosters :shake:

I was living in a shack up here in northern NH many years ago, hear a noise in the kitchen and caught one just like in that picture, in a frying pan that was sitting on the stove.
We had fried chicken for dinner and being slobs and single :thumbsup: hadn't washed the dishes.
I put the lid on the pan and when I lifted it up there was a little white ermin/weasle glaring at me, covered in chicken fat :grin:
Now you can keep them as pets.. ie ferrets

Skagun said:
Don't let Mike Brooks see this thread, I here tell that he's President of the He-men Weasal haters club :haha:
Still, I'd like to see that bugger in the pen with some of Mike's roosters :shake:
My boys ain't scared of no weasles. :blah:
bill3a.jpg

PROUDSHAMOlucky.jpg

oldarmy there is a huge difference between the domestic ferret n a wild weasel. They are both from the mustalade family as arew otters, skunks, mink etc. The domestic ferret has been bred since Egyption times and was actually kept as pets before cats were. They can be feisty but come nowhere near the viciousness that a wild weasel can be. Actually most domestic ferrets die fairly quickly if they get loose in the wild, they have mostly lost the instinct to hunt and have no fear of anything , which gets them dead in a hurry. I've owned many ferrets over the years and ran a ferret rescue with the wife for about 15 years. just some thoughts YMHS Birdman

oldarmy there is a huge difference between the domestic ferret n a wild weasel. They are both from the mustalade family as arew otters, skunks, mink etc. The domestic ferret has been bred since Egyption times and was actually kept as pets before cats were. They can be feisty but come nowhere near the viciousness that a wild weasel can be. Actually most domestic ferrets die fairly quickly if they get loose in the wild, they have mostly lost the instinct to hunt and have no fear of anything , which gets them dead in a hurry. I've owned many ferrets over the years and ran a ferret rescue with the wife for about 15 years. just some thoughts YMHS Birdman

I had some big "Roosters" taken out by that "cute little fella"

Those weasels are bad news for chickens, but they are great at controling rodents. While I had the weasel problem , I had no rodents..........Weasel gone, rodents[url] back.......De[/url]-Con time !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember being out rabbiting and a ferret stepped out of a bush about 20 yards in front of my pal who commenced to let fly with his 12 gauge loaded with 4 shot. He turns to me and asks "is the skin worth anything?" to which I respond "don't know, do you need a collander?"
:blah: :rotf:

TRUE.

Back