• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.22 cal percussion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albert

40 Cal.
Reaction score
This a little rifle that my dad just finished,it is allmost all handbuilt. Dad just turned 90 on Dec.27. he keeps busy when he feel like it.Overall length is about 32 inches and weighs about 2 1/2 lbs. We have been expermenting with resized pellets so far,I plan on building a bullet mold in the near future. Before he built this rifle,he made a 10 ga. breechloading cannon,just to have a noisemaker.
100_0652.jpg

albert,
I don't know which looks better, that gun
or your dad at 90. :hmm: Great pics, thanks for
sharing.
snake-eyes :hatsoff:

I just checked out the close ups thats work to be proud of. I just got one question did he buy the barrel or did he make it.

keepen smoken
freeonthree

The barrel is off of an old marlin leveraction that was shot out. He relined it with a .22 liner.The hammer was off of a small pistol ,the lockplate and the internal workings were all handmade by him.

Thanks for the info. :hatsoff: The rifle your that your dad made. Has got me thinking something like that would be good for my boys to start black powder shooting with.They have tried my 50 on the bench but its to much for them.I think the old 22's that I have are going to get a make over.

Keepem smoken
freeonthree

Now that is a talented man! Kudos to your dad! Soldier on! :hatsoff:

Davy

He had me worried last week,he thought he was having a heart attack,and called 911,and was talking to them,and he dropped the phone and couldn't get it picked up,meanwhile,my wife heard the call go out on a scanner while she was babysitting,and couldn't leave,that, will get you excited. As it turned out,after three days in the hospital,the doctors sent him home with no problems. I hope to learn some engraving procedures from him in the near future.

Latest posts

Back