• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New here.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recurve

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Name's Kevin Lawler from NC. I love shooting longbows and recurves. Have shot a few deer with a cheap Traditions percussion. It's getting kinda unreliable so I'm looking for something new. Just joined the local range and would like to start shooting roundballs every chance I get.

Welcome aboard Kevin. There are several traditional bow shooters here so you ought to feel right at home.
This is a great place to share your knowledge and to learn from others, so don't be a stranger.
Don't sell those Traditions short though, they are quality rifle and with their deep round ball rifling will hold their own with anything else on the range (including the customs).

Toomuch
Shoot Flint

It's an old Deerhunter. The forend is cracked, the wedge pin falls out, it hang fires all the time, etc. I want a T/C, or Lyman.

Recurve,
Welcome to the MLF glad to have you with
us. Lots of friendly folks here to answer any
of your B/P questions. Visit often and contribute
when you can.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Recurve said:
It's an old Deerhunter. The forend is cracked, the wedge pin falls out, it hang fires all the time, etc. I want a T/C, or Lyman.

Go for the Lyman, roundball accuracy is vastly superior and the prices are much more reasonable. :thumbsup:

Toomuch
Shoot Flint

With the advice around here, you could fix that one right up.....

Welcome...

Legion

Back