• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cheapest GPR

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Is there anyone who beats Midsouth Shooters Supply's price for a Lyman GPR?

Ordered monday, delivered yesterday. $304 for the flint kit. Can't complain about that.

Not that I know of.

I got all of my Lyman's except one from Midsouth.

I got my Deerstalker flintlock from MidwayUSA on clearance.

Huntin Dawg

I've been doing a lot of searching for the best price on my dream gun, a GPR .54 flint, assembled. It's amazing the variation in price that I've found so far. Out of 15 dealers, the lowest price listed online is Black Powder Bill @ $359 and the highest is Cabelas @ $529.
Does BPB have any in stock at that price, I have no idea, it's just what was listed on their site before XMas.

R.M.

WalMart will get you an assembled one delivered to the store at about $335. Ask for the catalog under the sporting goods counter.

I ordered a .54 percussion from Midsouth. I'm going to have my .50 Sharon barrel set up to drop in by TOW and age the whole gun. I may add some white glass beads or brass tacks to the stock. I just can't bring myself to pay $1500.00 plus for a Hawken style gun.

:thumbsup: Thats how I got mine. Took awhile to get to walmart, but it was worth the wait.

Looked at the D&R site.It says that an FFL is required to purchase an inline but not a side lock.Isnt that kinda odd?

CROWHOP said:
Looked at the D&R site.It says that an FFL is required to purchase an inline but not a side lock.Isnt that kinda odd?

Yeah, that is odd. Even odder is that they require the FFL for purchase of a New England Firearms inline, but nothing said about the Knight line. I still think that, aside from Walmart prices, D&R is about the lowest on the web for a GPR.

thehorn said:
CROWHOP said:

Yeah, that is odd. Even odder is that they require the FFL for purchase of a New England Firearms inline, but nothing said about the Knight line. I still think that, aside from Walmart prices, D&R is about the lowest on the web for a GPR.

You can put a centerfire barrel on the NEF so it's a firearm not a muzzleloader. :youcrazy:

I bought my Lyman GPR along with Hunter barrel as extra barrel at Midsouth Shooters Supply after checking prices all over. This was about 15 months ago.
Jim in Idaho

I got my Lyman Plains Pistol through MidSouth, it as at least $40 cheaper than other online stores. For Lyman products they seem to be the best deal.

Desert Rat said:
Does Wally World sell the kits to?

Yes, they do. They have a catalog under the counter that includes a wide range of guns. In the ML category you can find TC, Lyman, and (I think) Traditions. The Lyman section was the only one I looked at closely, and it had kits as well as assembled guns. I don't remember the price on the kits, but I do remember there was only a small price difference between the kit and the finished gun.

I've ordered a couple of shotgun barrels from WalMart this way. You pretty much put it on layaway... you pay half up front, they call in the order, you pay the other half when you pick it up at the store. The barrel was cheaper at D&R, but by the time you add in shipping and the rest, it was pretty close to break even.

D&R has a pretty good return policy. WalMart says they don't do returns on guns. Hard to have a problem with a shotgun barrel so never been an issue for me, but make sure you check it over before you pay them the other half. If it isn't right, don't take possession and get them to return it for another.

Re WalMart;

I would make dang sure if there was something wrong with the gun they would take it back or send it to the manufacturer for you. If I recall Walmart never had that policy in the past...so I am guessing that if something is wrong...they are not going to get involved. That means you will have the joy of trying to get it fixed. I would not take the word of the clerk behind the counter either...I would want it in writing from the manager. There is a reason why Walmart is cheap in the price. Also, will Walmart require you to fill out a form for the ATF boys? No way would I do that. Why? I do not believe in gun registration to begin with. I sure as all get out would not do anything to further promote it.

MY SELF! Dont know why but the 4 Wallys here dont have any BP stuff, I'll ask about a catlog. Fred :hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back