• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bill Large Barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not know. The best discription I have of the barrle right now is that it was purchased over thirty years ago.

Thanks Nathan,
The reason I asked was that after his death, family took over the business and produced (in some peoples mind) an inferior product. I have handled 3 barrels marked JJJJ (or some letter) that were not as good as the one I have that's marked WM Large.

SP

I would snap it up for $130..... If seen them go for $190 on e-bay. The 4(J) are hit or miss.... literally.

SP

I met Bill a few times and visited him at his home to pick up a barrel. The four J's were the first initial of his four daugthers names. They all started with J.

Doug in Virginia

I've seen Large bbl's that lacked his name but all, except the very early ones should have Wm. Large and JJJJ. He ven went as far as "naming" the bbl's for special requests. I have one in 444 that was named "Old Grass Creek"(They's been some fellers stamping JJJJ on some dubious bbl's and selling them as Large!) 130 dollars, american money, is a bargain if its a good bbl even if it ain't ole bill's! :thumbsup:
As an aside, Bill once told me they was NO Run-out detectable on his bbl's! He said " It is there but you can't find it"!! :thumbsup:

All of the Bill Large chunk gun barrels that I've stocked were all stamped by Bill "Old Maids Dream"..... :winking:

Shoot, the best I can offer is a 54 with no breechplug that has never been mtd. It IS a genuine large as I got it from him in the 70's. He didn't like letting go go unbreeched bbl's but 75 dollars talked, then... :thumbsup:

I have seen some Large barrels. Some had breech plugs & others didn't. He charged an extra $5 or $6 for a plug & fitting.

Back