• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

For Remington Percussion Cap Buyers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishDFly

69 Cal.
Reaction score
For Remington Percussion Cap buyers, hope the new folks do not run it into the ground and close it, as lots of others have done in buy outs of company's.

Firearms maker Remington Outdoor Co. has agreed to sell its ammunition business out of bankruptcy to South Carolina-based investment firm JJE Capital Holdings LLC for $65 million plus the assumption of liabilities, subject to better offers.

Last I knew they only had an offer from Palmetto, and some others. Nothing was a done deal yet.

Sorry to hear this. An Investment Firm is exactly what the name says. They make money off of their investments and they don't care at all about what the company actually produces.
Often, when a big investment firm buys a company they rob it for all it's worth by selling or trading off its valuable assets and then sell off what's left of it to whoever will buy the junk that's left.
It's very rare when these firms buy a company with the idea of keeping it going and make their profit off of the company's revenue.
It's even rarer for a investment company to actually put money into the company they bought to improve it and then market a better product, more capable of competing in the marketplace.

JJE Capital owns Palmetto.

Yes, I know.
Remington's ammunition would help them vertically integrate, but:
Palmetto might just drop percussion caps altogether, it's not the kind of thing they are known for after all.
Muzzleloaders aren't their thing.

Investment firms are exactly that INVESTMENT firms, not manufacturing firms. I worked for two different companies bought by investment firm,s neither manufactured products two years after being bought, one was shut down two weeks after purchase.

Back