• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

H&A Heritage Underhammer Percussion Rifle, .45 Cal. - Need Some Advice

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a Hopkins & Allen (Numrich Arms) that I want to put in the classified ads, but I don't know the value. I'm hoping someone can give me an idea of the value and what it is. I'll include a couple of pictures. It does not have the original rear sight. It is .45 caliber and the barrel is 32" with a 13-3/4" LOP. The gun is in excellent condition and must have been in someone's closet or safe for a long time, as it hasn't been shot much and the bluing and wood are in very good condition.

Thomas

Attachments

• handa2.jpg
    handa2.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 145
  • handa4.jpg
    handa4.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
I have a Hopkins & Allen (Numrich Arms) that I want to put in the classified ads, but I don't know the value. I'm hoping someone can give me an idea of the value and what it is. I'll include a couple of pictures. It does not have the original rear sight. It is .45 caliber and the barrel is 32" with a 13-3/4" LOP. The gun is in excellent condition and must have been in someone's closet or safe for a long time, as it hasn't been shot much and the bluing and wood are in very good condition.

Thomas
Having a patch box dates it to the late 80’ or early 90’s,IIRC, as when they started going to kits, that was discontinued. If it’s .45, and the bore is as nice as the outside looks in the pics, I’d say I agreed with the other posters, $350-$400. I loved mine that I built from a kit.

P.S. - have you shot it? If not, take it out and try it before you sell it. They have lightning-quick lock time, are ambidextrous, easy to work on (3 moving parts) a ton of fun and will always stir people up at the gun range. Bottom-thumpers are tremendously underrated.

Last edited:
I sold my "Offhand" two years ago for $250, and now wish I hadn't. In local shops, these sell for about $300. On the internet, some asking prices are twice that, but I don't see them selling.

ADK Bigfoot

I bought a .45 Heritage model in the mid 1960s (ordered it brand new) and paid, IIRC, $60 to $70 complete with leather gun case and a mold & cleaning fluid. Mine's no longer in the very fine condition yours is and has been fired & hunted with a lot. That rifle and I have had many great adventures together. Keep it and use it; they are wonderful rifles. Still looks pretty good though.
PICT0387-1.jpg

Thomas
That is sweet. I would think condition alone would add a $100 to $200, but I have no idea what they are generally worth. I would also like to know because I might be in the market. My wife had the shorter, carbine, in the 70s. Polecat

I am looking to buy that exact rifle. I had one years ago....I would pay up to 500 for one in excellent condition. .45 cal

Latest posts

Back