• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Side by side right trigger issue

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawk78

Southern Pride
Reaction score
The pin that goes between the two triggers popped lose again this morning on my hunt. I got home and decided to measure the pin and replace it with a longer one. I still cannot figure out why they put such a short pin in at the factory. Anyways, I had a drill bit that measured 2 mm like the pin and cut it .6 inches long and fixed it. The trigger and both hammers work flawlessly now. I feel very accomplished by solving the issue without having to call Dixie Gun Works and having to complain. There is no telling how long this issue could had taken to resolve if those small reset springs were affected or if the trigger came completely loose and fell in the field. Thankfully I was smart enough to experiment and figure it out with earlier suggestions from SDSmlf. I made it long enough (slightly less than the width of the trigger body itself) to be snug inside the mortise preventing the pin from jumping lose ever again. This social media site is paramount to the success of young muzzle loader enthusiast!
20200912_151103.jpg
20200912_151148.jpg
20200912_151303.jpg
20200912_151321.jpg

Last edited:
Well done.
Was the hunt successful?
I only killed one before the issue, but my buddy killed two. And it was drizzling rain like the entire week. So, not a lot of birds, but added to the collection. After I get enough, around 15, my mom said she would fry them and make homemade gravy and rice, with fried (blackened) okra. We do not eat a lot of fried food, so this upcoming meal will be well worth all the hunting and delicious. I hope to get enough to be able to grill some over charcoal as well with bacon wrapped around them.

Yes I just read your other post.
Nor sure how trafficable those drainage ditches are for you but I could see myself using them to stalk the geese.

That is a nice haul of doves. The dish sounds very, very interesting.
Used to shoot native pigeon with my grandfather decades ago.
Used them in the spaghetti sauce. 😁

Didn't know the fine was AUD1,000 each and that was back then.:ghostly:
Would have been a costly meal if we were taken to task.

Great times, great memories.
index.jpg

Yes I just read your other post.
Nor sure how trafficable those drainage ditches are for you but I could see myself using them to stalk the geese.

That is a nice haul of doves. The dish sounds very, very interesting.
Used to shoot native pigeon with my grandfather decades ago.
Used them in the spaghetti sauce. 😁

Didn't know the fine was AUD1,000 each and that was back then.:ghostly:
Would have been a costly meal if we were taken to task.

Great times, great memories.View attachment 42890.
I bet that spaghetti was good though,lol

Back