• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

It’s coming!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
September 7th and the leaves are already starting to change. October 1st is the opening day of muzzle loading deer season. I’m ready, how about you?

35E01FAE-BC57-4096-896B-B31891138D57.jpeg

Beautiful! Where are you hunting?

I'm ready, too! Jemez Mountains, New Mexico, October 2nd.

"leaves are already starting to change."

Yep ours are turning yellow and falling off the trees. I's called heat and drought.

The pecan trees have gone to the water stage. The trees are cutting off the water to the pecans to save it self.
This neck of the woods it is starting to warm up. the Dry season is coming to an end the cool sub 95 degree weather is just about gone.
Might even rain in a couple of months.

113° here in Vegas today and the desert is still brown like the other 364 days of the year.

God I miss the East!
Reminds me of a joke I saw on a Colorado post card years ago;
Welcome to colorful Colorado, all 410 shares of brown........ 🤣

When the wife and I first came out from Virginia to the southwest high desert our first thought was oh my God, how stark! How moon like! Within a year we had fallen in love with the desert. Guess some fall in love with it and others never do.

I always hate to see it, winter puts an end to my time to "get things done." However, it's nice with less heat and less humidity.

Reminds me of a joke I saw on a Colorado post card years ago;
Welcome to colorful Colorado, all 410 shares of brown........ 🤣

When the wife and I first came out from Virginia to the southwest high desert our first thought was oh my God, how stark! How moon like! Within a year we had fallen in love with the desert. Guess some fall in love with it and others never do.

You can keep it! I’ll take the trees, fall leaves, 4 seasons, and rivers and lakes. Uncle Sam has other plans for me though LOL! Hey, beats the OTHER desert Uncle Sam likes to send us these days. That’s a REAL wasteland!!

Hunting for me is very difficult. When I look out my back window I just can't decide which one to shoot. 😄

View attachment 42305

Cobra 6
My son and I did a high-speed run to D.C. to pick up his Ducati. I must have been in your back yard- we saw a herd like this somewhere in VA. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.

You can keep it! I’ll take the trees, fall leaves, 4 seasons, and rivers and lakes. Uncle Sam has other plans for me though LOL! Hey, beats the OTHER desert Uncle Sam likes to send us these days. That’s a REAL wasteland!!
I'm in New Mexico now, we have all the four seasons, the trees, rivers and lakes. Mostly in the mountains and down here in the Rio Grande Rift Valley.

Colors usually dont start here for another few weeks, cant tell if they are changing or dying. Sad! hellasicous drought for my area. No winter and now no monsoon.

The colors on the mountain had started to change near my house. Now This is the new colors I saw from my front yard this afternoon here in Utah. It was to close for me. 1/2 acre to over a 1000 in less than two hours
5223EAE7-42A2-40BC-8752-A4337CA23904.jpeg
5B13839A-5157-4740-AA78-210774B74C26.jpeg4EBA11E7-A755-4E49-A51F-0C537856FDB0.jpeg
It was 90° Today. Now at 1am 63° and raining supposed to be 41° By 8am.
I pray that the rain an cooler temp will help the fire fighters get control of the flames. Be safe and smart with all things that could start a wildfire!

Beautiful! Where are you hunting?

I'm ready, too! Jemez Mountains, New Mexico, October 2nd.
New Hampshire. Been dry here as well and we do need rain. The picture of the trees are is a marsh so an early fall? Maybe?? The wagon is my old 2002 Chevy Z-71 Tahoe. A beast of a vehicle with almost 300K miles on it. Wife won’t ride in it and the grandkids love it. Nuff said!

Back