• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I'm so depressed with new gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawk78

Southern Pride
Reaction score
I went out to pattern my Pedersoli. I fired one shot from my cylinder bore then fired my modified. Now the improved trigger will not go into half-cock nor full-cock position? Any advice would be highly appreciated! I wish I lived near one of you guys that know how to work on these guns, but I do not.

I cant follow what you mean by improuved trigger is it one of the over & under sorts came out years ago or a normal side by side . sounds like wood bound or scear springs both went caput . Take it to a gunsmith is all I can suggest . Rudyard

Does the lock work outside the stock? If it does, look inside the lock mortise. When I first got my Pedersoli SxS the lock internal parts were making contact with the wood in the mortise. A little relief work with sharp chisel, problem resolved. Three of the four Pedersolis I currently own needed some help when received.

Loosen your lock screws and try again. Most people early on crank down on the screws. They should just hold the lock in place.
Is there a certain sequence in removing and replacing the locks? I haven't even removed them yet. Yesterday, I took the barrel off, cleaned it, the nipples, and the inside of the hammer faces and the outside of the hammers and stock very well. Am I aloud to cock both hammers while hunting or am i supposed to shoot, then cock the second trigger?

Does the lock work outside the stock? If it does, look inside the lock mortise. When I first got my Pedersoli SxS the lock internal parts were making contact with the wood in the mortise. A little relief work with sharp chisel, problem resolved. Three of the four Pedersolis I currently own needed some help when received.
Fixing to get to it and stop sobbing like a baby,lol

Will you stay online for a while, u and Mr. Bob? I am transferring back into my wheelchair and get gun at my table along with tools. I will be quick for any other questions. Thanks guys!

Is there a certain sequence in removing and replacing the locks? I haven't even removed them yet. Yesterday, I took the barrel off, cleaned it, the nipples, and the inside of the hammer faces and the outside of the hammers and stock very well. Am I aloud to cock both hammers while hunting or am i supposed to shoot, then cock the second trigger?
Start loosing the lock screws a turn or so. Does that free things up?

I removed the lock, and it works perfectly, so I will put a little of that blue greese and put it back to see where it is hitting, then remove with chisels. Thank you so much man!

The screw heads are in the right lock plate (we are talking about a SxS, correct). Make sure you have a proper fitting screwdriver.
1599428015670.jpeg

I removed the lock, and it works perfectly, so I will put a little of that blue greese and put it back to see where it is hitting, then remove with chisels. Thank you so much man!
I would try it first with the locks not tighten all the way. Maybe tighten, then back off one turn on each screw.

Back