• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from Colorado

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vezePilot

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I ordered a Traditions .50 caliber Kentucky Flintlock rifle from MidwayUSA. It is back ordered and they have no idea when examples will arrive. No problem, I'm not in a hurry ... if I were to fire it at my favorite shooting spot, it would probably burn down the whole Front Range. But I AM Looking forward to getting it for the winter. I have started collecting the accoutrements. Also pulled my replica 1860 Colt Army out of the back of the vault, and was pleasantly surprised to find no rust at all even though I haven't fired it in 20 years. It's an EMF Company pistol that I have had since the early 1980's.

I ordered a Traditions .50 caliber Kentucky Flintlock rifle from MidwayUSA. It is back ordered and they have no idea when examples will arrive. No problem, I'm not in a hurry ... if I were to fire it at my favorite shooting spot, it would probably burn down the whole Front Range. But I AM Looking forward to getting it for the winter. I have started collecting the accoutrements. Also pulled my replica 1860 Colt Army out of the back of the vault, and was pleasantly surprised to find no rust at all even though I haven't fired it in 20 years. It's an EMF Company pistol that I have had since the early 1980's.
Welcome! I used to live in the Springs many years back, Widefield actually. Dad was stationed at Carson at the time, they eventually retired back there.

Greetings from California.

The Mountain Man at 1001 Manitou Ave, in Manitou Springs is a good muzzleloader shop. They are well stocked with most supplies.

After reading of the exploits and enjoyment folks here have expressed, I decided not to wait for the backordered rifle. So I ordered a Deluxe version of the Traditions .50 cal Kentucky FL from a place that indicates it's in stock ... Muzzle-Loaders.com. And cancelled the order from midwayUSA.com. Everything else is also ordered, including Goex 2f and 3f powders.

Forecast Denver/Boulder: 96 yesterday, 96 & Smoke today, 90 tomorrow ... and a high of 35 with Snow for Tuesday. (that's Colorado)

Latest posts

Back