• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Who made my revolvers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have two ML colt revolvers marked Euroarms. One is .36 and one is .44. Probably from 60s or 70s. I know Pedersoli made some rifles so marked, but I don't think they made these. They are steel framed, and the cylinder chambers are a bit undersized for the calibers. They are very well made. I am not really into revolvers so do not recognize many markings, Help Polecat

I have two ML colt revolvers marked Euroarms. One is .36 and one is .44. Probably from 60s or 70s. I know Pedersoli made some rifles so marked, but I don't think they made these. They are steel framed, and the cylinder chambers are a bit undersized for the calibers. They are very well made. I am not really into revolvers so do not recognize many markings, Help Polecat
Pictures will get you a lot farther in resolving this than anything you can write.
(A picture is worth a thousand words?)

Here are my photos. Under he rammer is a serial and a small circle with some sort of cursive that looks like DGG. It is he same on both underside flats. I don't know if the pics will help. Thanks for any help you can give. Polecat

Attachments

• PICT0481.JPG
    PICT0481.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 119
  • PICT0482.JPG
    PICT0482.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 103
  • PICT0483.JPG
    PICT0483.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 118
  • PICT0484.JPG
    PICT0484.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 108
  • PICT0485.JPG
    PICT0485.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 118
  • PICT0486.JPG
    PICT0486.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 107
  • PICT0487.JPG
    PICT0487.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 109
Ditto with Griz44 on pictures. Remove the rammers on both revolvers and take a picture there also. Thanks for sharing.
Armi San Paolo (Italy) eventually bought out by Pedersoli. Supposedly the cylinder chambers are bored out slightly smaller than what they claim so they're not true .44s or .36s. The DGG stands for the company's founders, Doninelli, Grassi and Gazzola.

Last edited by a moderator:
Armi San Paolo (Italy) eventually bought out by Pedersoli. Supposedly the cylinder chambers are bored out slightly smaller than what they claim so they're not true .44s or .36s. The DGG stands for the company's founders, Doninelli, Grassi and Gazzola.
Wow! I really did not expect that sort of expertise. I am beyond pleased. Thanks very much, Polecat :ThankYou::thumb:

Wow! I really did not expect that sort of expertise. I am beyond pleased. Thanks very much, Polecat :ThankYou::thumb:
I was looking at them and when you posted the DGG it clicked, I had almost forgotten about them, it's been that long. The barrels might be stamped with SM BLACK POWDER ONLY, the SM stands for San Marco. Also they are supposedly the most accurate reproduction dimension wise but that's about it and supposedly they are a mixed bag as for durability. Some internals wear out fairly quickly while others seem to last forever. I think my dad had one waaaaaaay back.

I was looking at them and when you posted the DGG it clicked, I had almost forgotten about them, it's been that long. The barrels might be stamped with SM BLACK POWDER ONLY, the SM stands for San Marco. Also they are supposedly the most accurate reproduction dimension wise but that's about it and supposedly they are a mixed bag as for durability. Some internals wear out fairly quickly while others seem to last forever. I think my dad had one waaaaaaay back.
Next election I will vote for Ming the Merciless. There is no SM but it does say Brescia Italy after Euroarms. I am not real concerned with durability. I might average ten shots a year with a revolver. Polecat

Next election I will vote for Ming the Merciless. There is no SM but it does say Brescia Italy after Euroarms. I am not real concerned with durability. I might average ten shots a year with a revolver. Polecat
Bresica was where in Italy they were made. They started making them in the 60s and lasted until the early 90s when Pedersoli bought them. Yours were probably made in the 80s based on what you are telling us is stamped on it.

Wow! I really did not expect that sort of expertise

I have an Armi San Palo, New Army 44, that was produced in 1971, It has been used and carried mostly daily. The hand and bolt have been renewed once and Uberti parts were used, the rear sight cut to hit the point of aim at 20 yards and the crown flattened on the front sight.
I also sometimes carry an Armi San Marco 44 army colt replica that was produced in 1983, it has been modified to hit at the point of aim at 20 yards also. Not nearly carried as much and haven't had any problems. Both have been disassembled, out of the box, deburred and polished.

Euro Arms imported mainly from Italy, from what I remember, at least for the ML end.
I think like Universal Firearms, they also imported a few cartridge guns from Russia/USSR and China.

Back