• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Brown Bess Lock ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Guys: Does this look like a lock from the Mirouku Brown Bess replicas ? Thanks.

Rick

1598732885850.png

Thank you ALL for your replies. And thanks Grenadier for the pic. I bought one of these Mirouku Bess's second hand back in the early 1980's. But couldn't remember what the lock looked like. (Should have kept it). The above photo from Grenadier is now what I remember. The lock I posted has the flat (vs. curled) top jaw guide on the hammer which is more a copy of the Third model versus the Second model. The seller also says the length of the lock plate is about 6 5/8" with the width behind the pan being about 1.18" Seems just a tad small for a Bess lock (?) Here is another pic of the internals. The lock doesn't really look like one of the India made copies, but could be. Anyone have a guess ? Thanks.

Rick

1598800987179.png

Similar locks to this come up for sale on Ebay sometimes, my guess is that they are coming out of Pakistan.

Latest posts

Back