• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Swivel barrel rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one of Mr. Days rifles 50 cal left hand swivel neat thing about this rifle is it came with a extra set of locks can be switched from flint to percussion. Great rifle and excellent workmanship, Who ever buys this rifle will be very pleased, you do not see many for sale especially left handed. I looked for years before finding one.

I have a 12g swivel breech flintlock shotgun with interchangeable trap/skeet barrels

This is a very nice rifle and I hope someone buys it but I have to mention, if you want to use it for hunting, please check on what your Game & Fishing regulations are for the muzzleloader seasons. Some States specify the guns used during the muzzleloading seasons must be single shot. These swivel breech guns are considered by many to be multi-shot rifles so it might not be legal to use.

I have a Leonard Day right hand breech mechanism I am adding to two Rayl barrels in 13/16. The rifled barrel is .45 and the smooth barrel is .47 cal.
I also own Day's Dutch fowler in .62 cal.
He was a great man and produced wonderful firearms.

Yes...but it'll work both ways!
How is that possible ? The lock/hammer will always be on the left side of the stock. Shooting r/h will place the cap detonation to the side of your face.

Wear glasses! I shoot right hand flintlocks off my left shoulder! Not a problem!
Yes you are correct it can be shot either shoulder & i do the same as you, but i think you missed the point of the comment " it works both ways " indicating the lock could possibly be fitted on the r/h side of the stock!!

Latest posts

Back