• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

About time I'd say

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once you start, you cant stop. Curse of a Horner I guess.
Lets call this "About time I'd say #1".
Looking over the wall of raw horns next to the computer, they taunt me. They know its not winter yet. They know I don't have time for this in the warm weather. I have a schedule. I have bills to pay. The wife knows too. But they taunt me.
Just a little carving, please..... Imagine if I was colored two toned....... 1700's...no, 1800's.... F&I war......Can you scrim a Blackfoot chief?..... No, Alamo..... No, Flathead encampment...... No, regional map.....Arghhhhh.
It can keep you up at night. It can get you up wayyyyy too early to file a little before work. Just a little....
Lets call this "About time I'd say, chapter one".
Chapter two has begun and I wont leave me any peace till I answer the sirens call. I'll sneak into the barn, just a half hour. No. an hour. She wont hear me. Nobody has to know its 4 A.M. and he's at it again..... But. But. I had to make another one. JUST ONE MORE....

Attachments

• 001 (1024x768).jpg
    001 (1024x768).jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 115
I spent last winter building horns to sell. Didn't start that way. Just kept at it, practicing, then selling them. Just plain forgot to hang onto one for myself.
That is a tremendous work of art. Rembrant take a back seat. Hmmm. I quit making knives to order for the same reason. Everybody wanted one yesterday, especially at Christmas. I make an occasional knife now... to suit me. If someone wants to buy one as is .. OK. No special orders. Polecat

I enjoy the special orders.
Most of my horns just "come to me" after looking at them for a while. Your eye and sense of balance tell you what to do with it. Your horn. Do what your eye tells you to do. Follow what you saw when you looked at that pile of horns and picked "that one".
It becomes the complete opposite when you get a request, or shown a picture. Now you have to break out the other set of skills and try to match what the other persons eye saw. Tough some times but I like being challenged. A few of my custom horns pop up in the background of pictures on here from time to time. I remember them all.
Prepping the garden for this years garlic got in the way of me finishing this one for now. I look at it every day. I'll git er done when the snow flies.

Attachments

• 001 (1024x768).jpg
    001 (1024x768).jpg
    301 KB · Views: 100
Back