• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Unobtainable Percussion caps šŸ˜”

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just tried Cabelas for #11 caps. No matter what I typed in the Search box with the word 'caps' I get the kind you wear on your head.

For some reason, that takes me to the Remington 209 primers. I can slide the picture over to the #10, but when I put it in the cart it's 209's :(
I just tried Cabelas for #11 caps. No matter what I typed in the Search box with the word 'caps' I get the kind you wear on your head.

It's not just you guys, it looks like they have taken off the #10 and #11 options on the Remington black powder caps. Usually there's a drop down menu to select before you add them to your cart, or you select them from the bottom area by type/quantity.

BPS had gotten a little too expensive for me on their caps. End of last year I bought 6 or 8 hundred #10 Rem caps in person for $5.99 per 100. The last time they had them listed I believe they were $8.99 per 100. Thats a little too high when you could get them anywhere else for about $5.00-6.00, but now that none are available I may pay that for 1 or 2 packs just to have. I def wouldn't be buying any large amount at that price or they might leave them at that price for good if we buy them!

The "local" BPS to me (Victoria Gardens) never picked up the phone. I think I'll order some CCI #11's from Midway, from what I've researched they work well with the Treso nipples I plan on putting on both guns.

.5 shot Collier 1820. Probably subject to chain fires. It appears that all cylinders have a clear path ahead. Don't sweat it, Griz. I had never either. I bet you would be lucky to fire all 5 before it fouled up solid, but still better than just one.

1598918758494.png

I don't think I have ever even heard of a flintlock revolver........

Last edited:
Walmart has squirt guns so do they have cap guns? I use the plastic caps for cap guns all the time in my Percussion rifles that take #11 percussion caps. They are a tight fit so I would think the #10 would be a fit. I use them on my Zoil Zauave (with #11 Nipple) CVA 58cal mountain rifle and Pedersoli Hawken.
Fired off 20 shots a few days ago and only one misfire, due to carbon build up in the flash channel ( home made powder). A CCI #11 also failed to ignite that shot. It was after about 16 shots, just needed a clean .

I bought a set of Uncle Mikes nipples for my ROA years ago because: A. They used a standard nipple wrench and B. They fit #11 caps. I have used #11 CCI's ever since. Had a lot of problems with the Remington 10's priming compound falling out of the cap, and never went back to them. CCI's work great. The Winchester and Winchester Magnum caps work great on rifles, but I have not tried them on the ROA. Good luck!

I found this bought 2, when I was having a hard time finding musket caps, haven't installed them yet on my Hawkins and Great Plains. lately found a few tins of musket caps
Davide Pedersoli 209 Primer Nipple Conversion Kit

Percussion Caps .... and here I thought we only needed to hord toilet paper

Latest posts

Back