• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buying guns from forum members

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassdog1

32 Seneca Guy
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I have been a dedicated small caliber shooter (40 and under ) since I got back into traditional shooting but thanks to a couple of very generous members on here I now own a 45 TC Hawken and a 54 TC Renegade. Both guns were very reasonably priced and when they arrived I realized that they were in my opinion under priced. Bores in excellent condition and only honest hunting wear on the outside. Got my molds for the 54 today and cast up some .530 and .535 balls today so i can work up a load this weekend. Awesome to deal with the members on here have bought three guns and all arrived as advertised or better than expected. Expecting a fourth gun soon and am not worried at all about what will show up. Thanks to all of the guys that I have dealt with on here your honesty and generosity are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I concur that buying from members here is a solid deal. Prices are fair, if not, someone lets them know. Communication is easy and I have not seen anyone trying to pass off a sow's ear for a silk purse.

I bought two guns off of "American long rifle forum" both guns are great! haven't bought one here yet. in fact I have bought several center fire guns from different forum member on other forums and always got what I paid for, and straight talk,,,,,,,,,,,,

Have bought guns, kits and other things from members here. Also received priceless advice multiple times. Totally satisfied and will buy when I see anything I want with confidence it is as described.

I've had one good experience buying a gun on this forum and one experience that was a pain in the ass and wasn't completed as I thought the seller was being underhanded with me. Didn't really want to sell the gun for the agreed price. I bought a small item on this board that was satisfactory.

I've bought two guns and assorted gear from forum members. Never a problem and a pleasant experience each time. I'm not surprised. The generosity and kindness of folks here to help with their knowledge and experience is a constant. That attitude transfers to business dealings. I find most members of the shooting community to be fine people and traditional black powder shooters maybe a touch more.

Jeff

Fourth gun arrived today and it is in excellent condition. 36 Cal TC Seneca with 4 digit serial number star stamped on bottom of barrel with out any blemishes. Stock has been refinished to a hand rubbed finish by someone who knew what they were doing. Really appreciate the great folks on this sight.

U
Fourth gun arrived today and it is in excellent condition. 36 Cal TC Seneca with 4 digit serial number star stamped on bottom of barrel with out any blemishes. Stock has been refinished to a hand rubbed finish by someone who knew what they were doing. Really appreciate the great folks on this sight.
Ussed arrow stock oil on it by the way. Not a bad idea to rub it down once a year. Just a couple drops in palm of your hand n rub on with bare hand. As it makes heat it soaks in. Glad u like the gun

Back