• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED t/c new englander hammer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't blame you.

It's always nice to deal with friends rather than dealing with total strangers who might not know a TC hammer from a claw hammer. 🤣

I did see one on ebay but $59 plus shipping but it is there the last time I looked.
ThreeCrows

hi, the ' nose' is longer and the hammer flares back instead of up. see enclosed pic. loose hammer is a hawken

Attachments

• S5001229.JPG
    S5001229.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
not so. i tried, the hawken hammer will not reach the nipple, it hits the flash deflector and stops way before it will contact the nipple . the nose on n.e. is about 3/8 inch longer than the hawken. i have 2 of each.

I currently only have an early style (pre-New Englander) Hawken hammer, like the loose one in your picture, in stock just now.
According to the T/C parts book, the New Englander and Hawken use the same hammer. Your picture shows the pre-New Englander hammer. After the New Englander came out they changed all percussion locks to use the newer redesigned hammer.
Look for the newer style hammer and it should fit.

There is a seller on eBay who goes by the name of dtom9172

He carries a lot of small parts for various T/C muzzleloaders. I can't say for sure that he has what you need, but he seems to move a lot of parts and it may be worth looking him up. He appears to sell mostly at fixed prices rather than auctions.

Good luck!

Notchy Bob

Latest posts

Back