• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Negativity towards Traditions guns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk78

Southern Pride
Reaction score
Look guys, everyone cannot afford custom made guns, so please stop knocking people who own and post about their guns. I mean were supposed to be a brotherhood here, so let us all act like it accordingly.

There's snobbery and opinion in all things. Harley vs Honda. Ford vs Chevy. Spy vs Spy. Its just human nature and takes thick skin and the fortitude to ignore it to survive. My personal snobbery is seeing a guy with 10,000 dollars worth the equipment at a rendezvous using a blue enamel coffee pot. BUT I keep my mouth shut (which might have something to do with the guy having a knife, gun, and hawk within arms length.)

There is snobbery here, that is true.

Look at the way flintlock shooters view percussion shooters.
As humans, our tendencies are to put ourselves above others. This is where our free will comes in and need to tell ourselves NO, this is not the American way.
We are all better than that!
Flintlocklar 🇺🇸

There is a place for everything. To each his own and we have our own journeys in life to live.

IF we all thought a like you would all be driving a Ford pickup and have a Lund boat.

Like a good buddy of mine told me years ago, if we all had the same taste in women, everyone would be chasing his wife.

Fleener

I haven't noticed any snobbery here but I am not here all that often, not yet anyway.

Hopefully the offending party apologizes and we can move forward as good people.

Hawk78, what you got? Tell me about your smokepole.

Look guys, everyone cannot afford custom made guns, so please stop knocking people who own and post about their guns. I mean were supposed to be a brotherhood here, so let us all act like it accordingly.
Like a lot here have been saying it's ingrained into our human psyche, it's called the Us vs Them Paradigm or more commonly referred to as "Othering". It happens at multiple levels within different contexts and there's no escaping it completely.

You can't regulate generosity of spirit.

'This thing of ours' is like any other hierarchy in that there are guys here and on the other forum with 50 or more $10,000 originals in their collections and some guys shooting their dad's old duck taped CVA. Some of the guys at the top are stretched thin with their collecting and some can afford 10x what they have without knocking a dent in the daily interest accrual of their principal. The wide bottom is full of content folks and envious folks and the pointy top of the pyramid houses some generous guys and some cantankerous old snobs that like nothing more than looking down their noses at the rest of us. The only answer to this is to be kind, roughen up your hide, and get out and shoot some Black Powder! (errr, or Walmart substitutes if that's your thing.... ;) ) <----(insincere snobbery)

...and continue posting about your hobby. There's guys with better guns and guys with worse at every level. My dad shoots a CVA and even if Momma would let him, he's never dream of spending more. (And oh how old Pop loves to go to 'othering' when he outshoots me and my fancy pants guns.)

Last edited:
Traditions trapper pistol is extremly accurate..they shoot good..the steel is soft.... so thats why i got 700 shots from it as did another guy with one.BUYER beware of all guns and their forged or non forge parts.Most average people wont shoot a 1000 times ,,so there it is.

I have never owned a tradition's firearm, have been tempted by the Crockett .32 many times.
I own a couple TC Renegade's an CVA, White rifles. Have shot and killed deer with both. Like them all!

I started with a CVA Bobcat that I updated with fiber/plastic rod, TC adjustable sights, and a musket nipple. With these upgrades it became much more reliable and very accurate. It's not a pretty gun, it has a creepy trigger.

For years I thought the TC was "the best of the best" but now I learn that may not be the case. I now have 5 TC's but I haven't shot any. I would love to have a couple of custom flintlocks but those will have to wait.

As a rule, I am a very outgoing and courteous guy. I am also outspoken and make a lot of jokes. If I ever offend anyone here, drop me a message and I'll apologize. If you like, I'll apologize in a forum thread so everyone can see it.

Over the years, I've owned a couple of TC'S, both very nice but I have to say that my lowly Traditions deerhunter rifle has been my favorite. Presently on my third one.

Back in the sixties and seventies many "cheaper" guns and kits were sold. Most were made in Spain and of questionable quality. The early CVA Flintlocks were a poor designed gun , but the percusions were quite accurate. As time went on the quality improved to the point where the CVA mountain rifles with the "made in USA" barrels were considered top quality.I have assembled over fifty CVA kits. And noticed a big improvement as time went on. Yes, some people think only hand made custom guns are worth having . I have seen people shooting factory CVA's out shoot people with $3000 custom rifles. But then I own fords and only drive Mercedes and BMW's when driving my patrona.

:mad: Guys, Iv'e been shooting muzzleloaders for nearly a half century and have never seen people whine as much as they do today.
Stop whining, it drives away more people than anything.
The man who whines is worse than the man who criticizes, at least you can learn something from criticism . Go shoot and have fun. Do you guys remember how to have fun?
I don't think many of you do. I think we have all forgotten. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back