• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Two rabbits today.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I'm down! Been doing a job that was a four day week but that ended and now I'm doing five days again which naturally makes my time even more precious especially family wise.
Today I managed to get 5 whole hours in walking and hunting rabbits. I omitted to carry a camera but should of because I could of got some good photographs.
A good westerly wind today with showers. A little cooler than of late to.
Using just 13/16oz and an equal measure of shot I got two successful stalks complete. The longest shot was 26 good strides.
IMG_20200822_173522107_HDR.jpg

Jess seemed to adopt the second rabbit and seemed quite proud about it.
IMG_20200822_191616910.jpg

It's getting late here. I'll clean the .45" tomorrow maybe.
No idea on powder size but it's very fine and the gun had a healthy crack to its report with good recoil. It also flattened the rabbits with no fuss.

B.

Well done. Cannot think of a better way to spend a few hours. Miss having rabbits.

You have quite a fan club looking at the first photo.;)
I am a little confused. You mention using shot and then mention cleaning the 45.
Were you using shot in your rifle?

Well done. Cannot think of a better way to spend a few hours. Miss having rabbits.

You have quite a fan club looking at the first photo.;)
I am a little confused. You mention using shot and then mention cleaning the 45.
Were you using shot in your rifle?
It's a .45" smoothbore. A smoothrifle.. 👍

Well I'm down! Been doing a job that was a four day week but that ended and now I'm doing five days again which naturally makes my time even more precious especially family wise.
Today I managed to get 5 whole hours in walking and hunting rabbits. I omitted to carry a camera but should of because I could of got some good photographs.
A good westerly wind today with showers. A little cooler than of late to.
Using just 13/16oz and an equal measure of shot I got two successful stalks complete. The longest shot was 26 good strides.
View attachment 40635
Jess seemed to adopt the second rabbit and seemed quite proud about it.
View attachment 40636
It's getting late here. I'll clean the .45" tomorrow maybe.
No idea on powder size but it's very fine and the gun had a healthy crack to its report with good recoil. It also flattened the rabbits with no fuss.

B.
And now for the question of how to prepare the feast; it appears that the vote is for a recipe with a cream sauce.

is that rifle a cap rifle? if so what kind
It is a cap lock Howie. It's was made in the early 1980's by Armi Sport. An Italian firm that no longer exists.
Many a European manufacturer offered some smoothbore options to their line for backwards countries with weird licensing and attitudes to firearms in general....like errr.... Britain!

I might be able to put a rabbit in the cook pot , but to try to be a cow whisperer ,not a chance...How did he convince them ???????.....oldwood
It's the dog. The cattle are fascinated with the dog. The arrangement, or backing singers was a pure fluke. But I am now considering a career move to a choreographer!

Back