• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Uberti Walker replica

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought a replica Colt Walker last week, made by Uberti. The previous owner had de-farbed it, and given it an aged finish, but had never fired it.
100_6564.JPG
100_6566.JPG
100_6567.JPG
100_6568.JPG
100_6576.JPG

At the range I used 55 grains of FFFg under a home cast round ball. I put a little home lube (bees wax
100_6607.JPG
and olive oil mixture) on top of each ball.

Then I decided to make this holster for it...
100_6600.JPG
100_6601.JPG
100_6611.JPG
100_6612.JPG
100_6614.JPG
100_6617.JPG
100_6617.JPG

I don't know why that first picture posted out of order, and I don't know how to edit it, but you get the idea...

Last edited:
Beautiful Holster work. I could use a good holster or two.
I had more pictures attached, but they don't show, and one of them is out of order. I don't know if I exceeded a picture limit, or what I might have done.

Here are some more that I meant to include of the holster making process.
100_6599.JPG
100_6600.JPG
100_6614.JPG

Attachments

• 100_6603.JPG
    100_6603.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 85
Purchased a pair of Uberti NIB Walkers a few years ago. Both had cylinders that were not blued. Someone offered basically what I paid for the pair for one of them.... so only have one of them today. Not completely sure if Uberti shipped these guns from the factory with the cylinders not blued, but that is what I received supposedly NIB.

Purchased a pair of Uberti NIB Walkers a few years ago. Both had cylinders that were not blued. Someone offered basically what I paid for the pair for one of them.... so only have one of them today. Not completely sure if Uberti shipped these guns from the factory with the cylinders not blued, but that is what I received supposedly NIB.

That’s curious? I’ve never seen an Uberti without a blued cylinder.

Then again, I’ve seen plenty of “New In Box” guns that certainly were not!

I was told that Colt decided not to blue the cylinders because they were afraid the process may weaken the walls of the cylinder/chambers. May have been the temperatures involved? Someone here knows more.

I have an ASM Walker unblued. I’m going to cold blue the barrel etc. and maybe start leaving the cylinder outside for a few days at a time.

Last note: it should be a violation of the Forum rules to post photos like this without a tutorial on how you create a holster like that!

Have a good Sunday!

don

Back