• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mike Brooks Kibler Kit Assembly Class 2020

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan Yazel

32 Cal
Reaction score
180CC267-9F23-42EA-85A7-576B7B116078.jpeg

8 Students are spending the week at the NMLRA Education Center assembling Kibler Longrifles Kits under the instruction of Mike Brooks and his faithful sidekick Wayne.
DB569F1C-B89E-4347-8D4A-661345FBE93E.jpeg

I’ve only read about these kits and watched Kibler’s videos, so it’s neat to get semi hands on with the construction. I’ll have to try my hand at this someday!

860CAAEF-A28B-43BC-BB5D-C5C5DD5DDB68.jpeg

57705D18-61D2-401C-97F8-D853C440E9F5.jpeg
67CD8F0D-AD5E-4D19-A5E4-B7A312CECBF4.jpeg

We will be just about ready to shoot by dinner time at this rate! Students are finishing up their patch boxes and fitting their ramrod pipes now, soon they’ll be fitting their locks and draw filing their barrels.

It’s wonderful to chat with each student about their connection with muzzleloading. 6/8 are building their first muzzleloader. Some are accomplishing retirement goals, others connecting with family history, and one is seeking to add some challenge to squirrel hunting season.

These might all start as the same kits, but they are influenced by the builder and their history just as any muzzleloader is.

0E6B3BB4-42B3-4B95-82B9-F3839F5F76FA.jpeg

We wrapped up just before 5pm this evening, both the students and instructors were losing the high of the first day excitement.

We’re gathered back in the Education Center for a presentation of high quality photographs of original flintlocks to take inspiration from as they complete assembly and begin finishing.

91279812-CBE5-4AEE-9EAF-8F27188F0D9F.jpeg

Day 2 of the Kibler Kit Assembly class with Mike Brooks is well underway.

Mike spent part of the morning helping a student modify the Colonial Kit to include a set trigger, while Wayne showed others the delicate techinique of draw filing.

Latest posts

Back