• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hammer wont fall on my pedersoli sxs 12 gsuge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howie1968

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Last year I bought a used pedersoli sxs shotgun. I finally pulled it out today for some shooting. When I squeeze the trigger the hammer wont fall or it's real spongy every time. I bought a set of triggers that didn't help. On the sear arm the skinny little post that that the trigger contacts the sear I put a piece of refrigerator ice maker tubing over that seat arm at it worked for awhile. Any suggestions on the fix or tips

Loosen the screw that holds it to the lock plate to the gun. Note if there is any improvement. If so there may be some wood in the way.
If no improvement remove the lock and loosen the bridal screws. They often clamp to tight the pivots. Don't worry if loose. See how that goes first đź‘Ť

Last year I bought a used pedersoli sxs shotgun. I finally pulled it out today for some shooting. When I squeeze the trigger the hammer wont fall or it's real spongy every time. I bought a set of triggers that didn't help. On the sear arm the skinny little post that that the trigger contacts the sear I put a piece of refrigerator ice maker tubing over that seat arm at it worked for awhile. Any suggestions on the fix or tips

Did this shotgun work when you first got it? You must have tried it to see if it worked correctly - yes? What changed from a year ago? Does this happen with both locks or is it just one of the locks? There is a small diameter wire spring between the two triggers in the trigger plate that acts a a trigger return. Is it there - broke? If you had to place something on the sear bar so the trigger blade can contact the sear of the lock something has not been assembled back the way the factory assembled it when it left the manufacture. I got two Pedersoli SXS shotguns - a 12 and a 10 both have the same trigger/lock assembly - see the parts schematic. The 12 has a very hard trigger pull (mainspring stacking issue) and the 10 is just fine nothing like the condition you are experiencing.

After the 2 replies I found my left bridal screw was loose I still have the tubing on the sear arm post I re-assembled and it works. The other trigger was the same. This is my left lock. I need to check that spring. Thank god I have 3 other sxs shotguns

Look inside the lock mortise. When I first got my Pedersoli SxS the lock internal parts were making contact with the wood in the mortise. A little relief work with sharp chisel, problem resolved. Three of the four Pedersolis I currently own needed some help when received.

I take it the hammer barely moves at all? Mine had a problem, also with the left lock, where about 50% of the time it would fall into the half cock notch. I simply filed down the notch slightly, and it now fully clears during firing.

Back