• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New knives...for me?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi guys:
Here's a knew knife design, for me. I never tried one of these before. Now I have an order for 2 of them.
Here's the finished one and the two "raw" blades waiting on heat treat and initials.
The finished one has an Osage Orange handle. They are all 8" blades, by 1.5" wide and 1/16" thick.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Attachments

• Signature 001 edited 30.jpg
    Signature 001 edited 30.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 175
  • Signature 002 edited 30.jpg
    Signature 002 edited 30.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 186
  • Signature 003 edited 30.jpg
    Signature 003 edited 30.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 182
  • Stan's Chef's knife blades 001 edited 30.jpg
    Stan's Chef's knife blades 001 edited 30.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 161
Neat design! I really like the two feathers logo on it as well.

What's the story with that pewter enhanced fork!? Did you make that too? Really cool camp utensil.

Kozmo:
Nope. I'd love to say I made it, but naw, it was a handmedown from my great, great, great, Grandmother. Growing up, I always asked to use it whenever I was at my grand mothers house for a meal. She knew I loved it, so I got it in 1993 when she died. She got it from her grand mother? Gram was 96 when she died, so you can figure? 3 generations of great grand mothers, I did the math to the best of my ability, and I came up with, about early to mid 1700's? I just put it in the shot as a prop to add some interest to my otherwise, normally drab photos. I have to assume that the info. I got is accurate, and not some old family tale? I know the fork was at my gram's from the time I was born in 1949 until her demise in '93. Prior to that I cannot confirm?
Thanks for the comment.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Beautiful work, Two Feathers! The knives could pass for French boucherons, but should be right at home in somebody's kitchen, too. The logo looks good.

That's a great story about the fork, too. I would take family oral history as fact.

Notchy Bob

Kozmo:
Thank you, but I gotta' say, I'm a bit depressed, Nothing serious. I post pics. of my knife work and the first thing you notice is that doggoned fork, that I didn't make. No big deal. I just thought it was pretty funny. :doh::dunno:
God bless:
Two Feathers
Beautiful work, Two Feathers! The knives could pass for French boucherons, but should be right at home in somebody's kitchen, too. The logo looks good.

That's a great story about the fork, too. I would take family oral history as fact.

Notchy Bob
Notchy Bob:
Thank you very much. Yup, I just took it at face value, "sides, who's grammy would LIE to them? :dunno:
Thanks again.
My new Maker's Mark stamp is "Supposed"?? to be here Monday?
God bless:
Two Feathers

North Fork:
Thank you very much. I was training to be a chef for a time back in the 60's, and I taught Culinary Arts in a Vocational Technical high school. I always wanted to make one, so I did. :)
God bless:
Two Feathers

The fork is pretty nifty, but I did give some appreciation for your knife too. :)
Kozmo:
Yes you did, and I appreciate it immensely. I wasn't trying to start a fight. I thought it was funny.
I appreciate ANY compliments on my work.
The 3 tine never gets used. I keep it in my silverware drawer, just in case, but I haven't used it in a looong time. It NEVER got put into a dishwasher, always washed by hand. I know my gram did it by hand! She never owned a dishwasher. ;) Too poor. I give the handle a little cutting board oil rub down about once a year, just to be safe. I don't want the Pecan wood to split. I think it's Pecan? Looks a little like Walnut too. But I believe that Gram said it was Pecan.
Thanks again for taking my ribbing. ;) How's that Roch Belly holdin' up? Good I hope? It took long enough for it to get there!!
God bless:
Two Feathers

Nice work on the blades Two Feathers. Thanks for the info on your Gram's fork. I think I have. A matching knife. I picked it up at a garage sale so I had no idea on backstory. I got it as a patch knife for my French Fusil C, though I rarely use a patch. It also appears to be Pecan wood. Thanks for the history.
IMG_20200822_122343940.jpg

Nice work on the blades Two Feathers. Thanks for the info on your Gram's fork. I think I have. A matching knife. I picked it up at a garage sale so I had no idea on backstory. I got it as a patch knife for my French Fusil C, though I rarely use a patch. It also appears to be Pecan wood. Thanks for the history.
View attachment 40601
tiklikker:
Thank you. MAN..that's AWESOME! You have the twin brother to my fork!
No problem on the story?? I'm just retelling what I know? Weather it's absolutely true or not I cannot say?
Anyway, Thanks for sharing. You've made my day. As I look it over again, I can't believe how identical it is? Your wood does look a bit more Pecanish than mine?:dunno: Mine looks more like American Black Walnut, but still, a VERY cool coincidence. Don't let him get away.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Interesting that the steel has the same about patina on both pieces. I give mine a rub with Ballistol once in a while, both steel and wood.
tiklikker, Mornin':
For what you're doing with your knife, that's a great idea? I use the food safe cutting board oil because my fork stays in the silverware drawer with the rest of our forks, and I don't really want Ballistol touching anything that I'm putting in my mouth, safety precaution, AND, I don't really care for the taste...don't ask?
Thank you for the info. though.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Latest posts

Back