• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Range Officer Certs.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just completed the NRA Range Safety Officer Course and got my certificate this afternoon. A number of N-SSA members and members of this forum had spent a very intensive weekend at Ft. Shenandoah, the N-SSA national range, early this year where we took the NRA Trainers Course and the NRA Muzzleloading Instructors Course. That inspired me to go on and get the Range Safety Officers certification though I was a little slow going about it. Back in the late 70s and early 80s I had 4 NRA instructors ratings as well as a VA Hunter Safety Instructors cert. but with the pressures of life I had let them expire. I'm looking forward to putting my new ones to use when the world opens up again.

Hawkeye2, congratulations on the RSO certification. I’ve had mine for a number of years and volunteer at a local state park range. Unfortunately it closed early this year due to covid and then due to renovation. I’m looking forward to the new range but it won’t be done until sometime next year.

Good work!

Maybe we can get some more instructors certified and begin teaching again after the "plague" goes away.

👍 Excellent. It's good to hear that you want to get back into the RSO mode. If you have the time, try to gain back your instructor ratings. Pass along your knowledge.
Currently, I am a RSO at my local R/P club. Have been for over 30 years. Even served as Chief RSO for a while. I still hold the rating.
Another RSO and I are the only two that are NRA muzzle loading instructors at our range.

👍 Excellent. It's good to hear that you want to get back into the RSO mode. If you have the time, try to gain back your instructor ratings. Pass along your knowledge.
Currently, I am a RSO at my local R/P club. Have been for over 30 years. Even served as Chief RSO for a while. I still hold the rating.
Another RSO and I are the only two that are NRA muzzle loading instructors at our range.

Hawkeye DOES indeed have the NRA Muzzleloading Instructor rating. I was there as an assistant instructor and yup, he passed with no problems.

Dave951 can testify as to the intensity of the course and the hours we put in during those 3 days. We finished up the shotgun live fire portion after dark Saturday. The pigeons were being illuminated with flashlights. I broke the last one of the day with a Springfield 42 just as it almost touched the grass. I'm still not sure if I hit it or just incinerated it with the muzzleblast, we couldn't find any remnants. :D 82442065_10162606885205251_7397235870551506944_o.jpg

Dave951 can testify as to the intensity of the course and the hours we put in during those 3 days. We finished up the shotgun live fire portion after dark Saturday. The pigeons were being illuminated with flashlights. I broke the last one of the day with a Springfield 42 just as it almost touched the grass. I'm still not sure if I hit it or just incinerated it with the muzzleblast, we couldn't find any remnants. :D View attachment 40694

That was great fun!

Back