• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

JUKAR Pistol review with mixed results...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have nine BP pistols. One of my Jukar Kentuckies is about as good as it gets .. another, not so much. Polecat
That's about what this one was like at 1st. We couldn't get it to work hardly at all regardless of what caps were used. Even after a new nipple was installed. I had nothing to lose shaving off the nipple in the vise. It worked wonderful then.

I recently bought a Jukar Kentucky pistol in 45 caliber. The # 11 caps are a bit loose. CCI and Remington. I just pinched them a bit and they worked fine. I only fired 3 shots with it so far. Had a great time blasting a watermelon.

Agreed - just bought a third rifle and i got a couple of pistols as well. At those prices i could afford to be a “collector”.

“hoo-car”?

My new holy grail - a .54 Jukar flintlock, if they ever even made one. Plus, it has to be old and beat up and thereby perhaps a bit cheaper. It will then be transformed into a canoe gun/trade gun, rawhide wrapping, brass tacks, hanging scalplock and all. The search begins!

don

I think that a lot of us have at one time or another have had JUKAR DERRINGER at one time or another? the little buggers are going for serious change now. regardless the little pop guns are a lot of fun.

Yup, still do. And it’ll ride in my wife’s shooting bag come October in case she fails to drop her deer with the first shot and needs to finish it. OR in case that southwest Iowa mountain lion is counting her shots and decides to rush her before she can reload!

Disclaimer: In no manner, way or fashion did i or anyone else mean, intend or even to sort of accidentally imply, suggest or intimate that any probability, possibility or snowball’s chance that said wife could ever, ever, ever fail to drop said deer with her first and only shot, even in a tornado, should some deranged buck be out wanderin around in a twister.

(whew!)

I built one like that, Ardesa Spain, in 1975. Never had a misfire with it and the accuracy is great--used it to kill rabbits and hit targets at about 20 yards. Grandson made a one shot bullseye with it when we tested it for a book we were writing.

Anthony one shot.jpg
KitPistol.JPG

Gun show starting today - i hear the voice of the Queen of Hoo-kar calling to me, and i must go!

And in the meantime, work on my attempts at explanatory justification, and stuff.

don

Also Traditions and quite a few others. I have quite a few and noting wrong with them. They aren't top of the line but their quality has improved over the years and generally even their older ones shoot well. If it wasn't for these cheap ones there would be alot less people in this shooting sport. Make it affordable to those on a limited budget.

I like to look at the factory tours that these companies have on YouTube. Gives me some insight as to what is going on behind the scenes.

I have checked out Dikar/beruga and was not impressed. not to mention I was not happy at all with the rifle I received from one of their many umbrella companies.

Now there historical stuff might differ I can not attest to the quality of that stuff. The button rifles barrel I received was so badly burred that it would tear up and hang my cotton patches.

I ended up having to wrap steel wool around an old copper bore brush to knock that stuff off.

It is interesting though that they make barrels for arms world wide including military from what I understand.

One thing I have learned though is just because it is made for the military that does not mean it’s quality.

as you can tell I am a bit biased due to my personal experience with them your mileage may vary. Best of luck!

Picked this one up off the Forum a while back and refinished the stock for my wife. Shot ok, didn’t really try it for groups but i think i will now. Like you said, Cowboy, plain jane but solid.

don

P.S. still don’t know how Dikar is related to other companies. I would have guessed it was an off/road desert endurance motorcycle race.

Back