• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Time Management

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The replies are pretty much as I hoped they would be, apart from the travelling, I have to do a 400 mile round trip, all my shooting related activity time is spent in complete contentment. Casting, cooking lube, cleaning and now my latest, making small parts, learning new skills as I go along; 100% pleasure and satisfaction. So, if my 2% shooting time is an insignificant part of my activities what does that make me? Polite answers only please 😇

The replies are pretty much as I hoped they would be, apart from the travelling, I have to do a 400 mile round trip, all my shooting related activity time is spent in complete contentment. Casting, cooking lube, cleaning and now my latest, making small parts, learning new skills as I go along; 100% pleasure and satisfaction. So, if my 2% shooting time is an insignificant part of my activities what does that make me? Polite answers only please 😇
A pretty NORMAL Black powder enthusiast.

Forgot one way to increase range time. Often when "on the road" , I found myself wasting daylight , driving home. Light bulb turned on(in my case dimly) , "why not join several wide spread sportsmans clubs to shoot until too dark to see , then drive home in the dark???? That worked well for me . Great stress reliever..... oldwood

I think the amount of rounds fired and the time spent on the range are less important the amount of time doing quality trigger pulling. Back in my younger days when I was training for Camp Perry or for other competitions I would should 4 or 5 hours everyday maybe 160 rounds at the most (smallbore) and a competition every weekend. Then I moved on to USPSA and IDPA and would shoot 1 -3 hour a day two or three days a week and shoot 500-1000 rounds a session. Now a muzzleloader range day for me is about 6 hours on the range once a month and if I shoot 20 rounds its a lot. But its still good quality trigger time and each pull of the trigger is worked on just as hard. It doesn't matter if its one pull every 5 minutes or one round in sub one from the holster.

Back when I was young and worked at a range there was the "coffee clutch" a group of older gents mostly WW2 vets that where all retired. They would set up shoot a little, talk a while, tell stories, shoot a little, was, rinse, repeat. That's a quality range day. Doing something you enjoy with people you enjoy doing it with.

Seems when I was younger and full of P & V, I wanted things to get done and happen right freakin now. Now that I have reached a somewhat mature age I've discovered that things will take the time that they need to get done. The journey is part of the doing and the destination, what ever that might be is just the end. I now enjoy the journey regardless if it's traveling or the doing of something. Complicates life less and makes it more enjoyable.

Back