• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Knife Identification

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently acquired this knife and it appears to have been hand made. Blade measures 3 1/2" in length and 11/16" wide. Overall length is 7 7/8"
Pins are brass and the handle is wood. Can anyone help me identify it as to origin and/or maker? (no markings at all on blade)

Attachments

• IMG_8332_0674.JPG
    IMG_8332_0674.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_8333_0675.JPG
    IMG_8333_0675.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_8334_0676.JPG
    IMG_8334_0676.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_8335_0677.JPG
    IMG_8335_0677.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_8336_0678.JPG
    IMG_8336_0678.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_8337_0679.JPG
    IMG_8337_0679.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 120
Very cool. Can't help with ID except the overall impression reminds me of an early French folder, outside the locking mechanism of course. Definitely a knife I'd have in my jeans pocket or one of my shooting bags.

IMG_0045.JPG

Recently acquired this knife and it appears to have been hand made. Blade measures 3 1/2" in length and 11/16" wide. Overall length is 7 7/8"
Pins are brass and the handle is wood. Can anyone help me identify it as to origin and/or maker? (no markings at all on blade)
Well, that there is a good ole Pakistani knif. It is based on some older pattern. All the venders carry them at Rondys,they used to cost about $7-8 bucks.I use them in my hunting bags.

Definitely a Pakistani knife, I picked one up from a gift shop in central PA at least 30-40 years ago. It is marked Pakistan and 13-850 on the blade near the wood. I carried it at work in a sheath everyday for years. Mine only has two small pins and the hinge pin.

I looked on Smoky Mountain Knife Works site but could not find this knife. What would you suggest I put in the search box that may bring up this knife? Thanks.

Last night I typed "folding knives from Pakistan" in Google and a picture of this exact knife popped up. Too bad, they go for $4.00 new. Seems like a lot better quality than $4.00.
Thanks everyone on this site for your assistance.

I have spent an hour or so looking for the Pakistan knife and have not found anything that even remotely looks like the knife we are talking about. I’ve have searched “folding knives from Pakistan” on Google. I have searched “folding knives from Pakistan” on smoky Mountain Knife Works sites. I have tried several other things. So far, no luck. Could someone who has found this knife on line please post the site address. I certainly would appreciate the help. Thanks.

Jack

I have spent an hour or so looking for the Pakistan knife and have not found anything that even remotely looks like the knife we are talking about. I’ve have searched “folding knives from Pakistan” on Google. I have searched “folding knives from Pakistan” on smoky Mountain Knife Works sites. I have tried several other things. So far, no luck. Could someone who has found this knife on line please post the site address. I certainly would appreciate the help. Thanks.

Jack
Since these were from back in the ‘70’s Google probably doesn’t speak the period lingo... but give it a try anyway. Try “Old Paki Folding knife”. ;) 👌

I sold a tremendous quantity of imported swords and knives through my side business over many years and most of these knives were one shipment items. The wholesaler would have one shipment to offer and they would never be seen again when they were gone so searching for exact duplicates could be difficult to very frustrating. I suspect in some cases the wholesaler moved on to another model after that lot was sold and in other cases there was only one production run. Some were authentic in construction and appearance and others incorporated plastic and stainless and they came from all over the middle and far east and there was almost no end to styles. The only one that has been available with regularity is the Rev War soldier's knife with bone or horn handles and that's been around for about 50 years now. If you see one that looks and feels good grab it, you may never get another chance. BTW in the 90s I could get a folding knife with brass bolsters on both ends, rosewood scales and a 1.5" stainless blade wrapped in paper and in a cardboard box delivered to my door for under $.90 USD, I often wondered what they were worth sitting on the dock in India.

Latest posts

Back