• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Rogers and Spencer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishDFly

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Rogers and Spencer revolver is on my list to buy. I have read good things about them and they have a following in Europe with line shooters.

Reading, I found Pedersoli commissioned Feinwerkbau to make them, Armi San Paul and Euroarms made them. Checking the current Dixie catalog, it shows they do not offer them for sale. Same thing when I checked Taylor's web site.

Is anyone currently making them" Or is used the only option?

Anyone have one and what is your opinion of it and who made it?.

What is the current value of one in excellent shape on the used market?

I saw a NIB Euroarms 2 years ago at a PA guns how for $400. I would have bought it but I was short $400. I have several by Euroarms and like them very much. One of their better features(at least to me) is they are not prone to fouling and will shoot as long as you care to for the day. I attribute that to the gas ring on the cylinder. I certainly wish someone would put them back in production.

Have owned 2 Euro arms R&S. Very reliable, good grip and good design except for hammer being forward enough to be difficult to cock when shooting one handed. accurate as my remington 58s. Overall great gun for the right person. Capable of winning matches. Sold the last one to a friend who won gold with his old E.A. R&S years ago at that Euro event they term as the "Worlds". Only had to shoot 1 target in that event but I`m pretty sure It could do as well as the 58 Remingtons in our more comprehensive 3 or 4 target events here in the land of freedom...c

I have only heard good things about them and I do like the looks of them.

Was hoping to find one at Friendship, but that is not going to happen now.

I have had a lot of enjoyment from my Rogers & Spencer.
100_5155.JPG
100_5156.JPG
100_5460.JPG
100_5461.JPG
100_5463.JPG

I was fortunate to buy one at a Tulsa gun show about 15 years ago for $200 I couldn't believe my luck. You could tell that it was brand new but it came from Dixie gun works with their name on the barrel and the rest of the junk writing all over it. The gun came in a Matt finish and appear to me as if it was made up from discarded parts from the factory. Functional it was perfect and was and is a great shooter. This past year I decided to remove all of that junk writing that was all over the barrel and I'm much more pleased with it just wish I had done it earlier. I never would have attempted the removable of the writing if I had not had experience in metal work. I'm much happier now with my R&S. Great gun wish it was still made. I personally believe had it made its way into the civil war it would have been called the best pistol of that time but that's just my take and that doesn't hold much sway.

Got one back around 1980. Think it was like $85 new. Still have it. Still all original parts and shoots like it should. Used it in my younger years for gunfighter exhibitions. Blocked the spring to half tension. The high hammer made it easy to palm cock on draw.

My friend gave me this Euroarms Rogers and Spencer, manufactured in 2006. The trigger pull was way too heavy until I filed off the shelf on the sear engagement. The hammer looked too thick in profile so I reshaped it. Accuracy is amazing and the collar on the cylinder prevents fouling on the front and the rear of the cylinder has sharp edges that scrape away fouling on the rear. There is no provision for safety, so it is necessary to carry it with only 5 rounds.
Rogers.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a nice Euroarms from 1994. If you're interested, PM me and I'll dig it out of the safe and send some pics. I think it's unfired.

Last edited:
I went to Euroarms website last night to look around. In their catalog they list 3 or 4 different options for Rogers and Spenser's. The catalog appears very current and 2 of the pistols look very interesting which leads to the impression they are still making them..

In one place I found the following: "Available ONLY through your "dealer".

I sent them an e-mail and asked who are their stocking dealers in the U.S. Thus far no response.

Anyone know who their stocking dealers are besides Cabelas?

It is extremely out of date. EOA was located here in Winchester and they have been out of business for quite a number of years, in fact the entire block where they were located is now a level gravel lot with a chain link fence around it. I have no idea why that one page site still stands. Euroarms (in Europe) sold to Pedersoli at the same time and so it's a dead end.

Back