• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Custom Hawken 36, 40, or 45 Cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tippit

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a nice custom Hawken is a Smaller Cal...36, 40, or 45. I have a Brant Selb .54 custom Hawken that I love just would like to find one like that Hawken.

Both Brant Selb and Don Stith sell Hawken "Squirrel Rifles," in calibers from .32 to .50, I believe. Mr. Selb produces finished rifles, but I think Mr. Stith only sells parts sets. A lot of people get Hawken parts sets from Mr. Stith and send them to a professional builder for assembly. These are nice-looking rifles. The original Hawken shop is known to have made them for the local trade. These are pretty much scaled-down versions of the familiar Hawken plains or mountain rifles, but they generally only have one barrel key, and the trigger guard bow has a finger rest or hook. I believe the Hawken squirrel rifles shown on the Brant Selb website have poured nosecaps.

Sorry, but I haven't mastered the device I'm using right now and can't post links. You can Google "brant selb hawken" or "don stith hawken" to find their websites. Select "Squirrel Rifle" from their drop-down menus.

It should be mentioned that these are top quality rifles, on a par with Mr. Selb's full-sized Hawkens, and they are priced accordingly. "Smaller" does not mean "cheaper." However, these look like historically correct and well-designed rifles.

Good luck!

Notchy Bob

Latest posts

Back