• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

62 caliber

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is a flinter TC Hawken with a 32" Green Mountain barrel (rifled after market).
I shoot a .595" round ball, ticking, spit and 120 grains of FFg at 1533FPS.

That long of barrel with that much steel removed makes it hang just exactly right.

Curiosity. What stopped the lower ball in the first picture, middle bull top row.
Damn fine shooting. Kudos both to you & to Big Foot.

Curiosity. What stopped the lower ball in the first picture, middle bull top row.
Damn fine shooting. Kudos both to you & to Big Foot.

If I’m understanding your question right? That’s two separate shots. The lower hole that you’re referring to is the first and the second the bullseye my friend.

Respectfully, Cowboy

If I’m understanding your question right? That’s two separate shots. The lower hole that you’re referring to is the first and the second the bullseye my friend.

Respectfully, Cowboy
What puzzles me is that I seem to see the crumpled lead of the lower hit - nwhich makes no sense unless the target was backed by tough wood, which does not show at the other hits,=, Could be my screen size or my eyes. Senses are playful these days.

What puzzles me is that I seem to see the crumpled lead of the lower hit - nwhich makes no sense unless the target was backed by tough wood, which does not show at the other hits,=, Could be my screen size or my eyes. Senses are playful these days.

I zoomed in and now know what you are referring to my friend.

Sort of got me curious to a point that I went out to the shed to look at the back side of the target?

Here’s what I see.

984C953A-C956-43D9-8F0D-A84C150E6FB0.jpeg2F8CD1B8-70CF-4E88-B8B3-382981F8FB81.jpeg

As you can see in the lower picture the three large groupings of multiple hits on this target backing I’m using.

The first picture is the back side of the top middle target you were referring to my friend. I zoomed in on that cluster of shots.

I can only guess that what you’re seeing is shredding from the white color target back boarding?

Curious minds need to know! 😅

Respectfully, Cowboy

Cowboy,
That makes more sense. Doesn't answer what I saw but does what i could not have seen. The camera & I must have seen the truck or something else behind, at just the right angle.
My faith in physics is restored.

I have one that uses a .610 ball and one that uses a .626 ball. Both are percussion and like 80 grains of 3F. The .626 gets 1490 FPS. I haven't chronographed the .610 ball. I've only shot these out to 50-yards but groups are very good to there. Have taken deer and hogs with no problems.

Back