• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED I want a reproduction MURDOCH pistol.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I want a reproduction flint lock MURDOCH PISTOL. not a closet queen, just a good sparking shooter. in the $ 150 to $250, price range. got one ? please let me know? toot.

MSVTCO. gets $ 375.00 for a new one. I don't want a new one and have to wait for it., I would like to have one now. toot.

I'm not familiar with that abreviation. Could you please translate?? I'd like to see what else they might have.
Thanks,
ThreeCrows

The Murdoch was a Scottish flintlock pistol that traces its origin back to the late 1600's.
It usually has a all metal construction and the lower part of the grip often has curled projections on it.

Reproductions of these pistols were made back in the 1980's and '90's, (although they are not as fancy as the one below).

1596648129424.png

Three Crows, it stands for MIDDLE SEX VILLAGE TRADING CO. punch it in and check it out. I have bought 8 guns from them, and not a hiccup. never looked back, happy with them. toot.

Thank you! I actually stumbled onto this site a week ago, was going to post to see if anyone has done business with them, anything worth knowing before I place an oder ? Do they normally have everything in stock ? Looking at the Ketland Trade Pistol.

Three Crows, it stands for MIDDLE SEX VILLAGE TRADING CO. punch it in and check it out. I have bought 8 guns from them, and not a hiccup. never looked back, happy with them. toot.

Uh oh, just stumbled onto this on their FAQ page;

"At this time we have a big backlog in the shop, things that need to be prepped (in other words, ALL guns) will take a minimum of 6-8 weeks or even much longer. Read that again and read all of the words this time as they are all important! I did not just say you will get your gun 8 weeks from today, I said it will take a minimum of 6-8 weeks or even much longer.
Usually much longer."

jonathan butcher, as I said h I have had no problem with there products. but with all dealers ears there people who will PUCK ON there products. the guns that are for sale you choose the one you want and pay for it and you will be put on a list and you will have a # and you can go there and see where your order in and see it is it moves up. usually it is a 3 month wait, but I think well worth it.tat is just my opinion, hope it helps you. the site will explain every thing that I have tried to tell you. toot.

Thanks very kindly for the info toot !

jonathan butcher, as I said h I have had no problem with there products. but with all dealers ears there people who will PUCK ON there products. the guns that are for sale you choose the one you want and pay for it and you will be put on a list and you will have a # and you can go there and see where your order in and see it is it moves up. usually it is a 3 month wait, but I think well worth it.tat is just my opinion, hope it helps you. the site will explain every thing that I have tried to tell you. toot.

I just read everything at the website, gotta say this guy knows his stuff. Though I appreciate his candor and straight-forwardness about placing an order I wish it weren't so. As he says though, he dosen't send anything that he hasn't gone through for opreational flaws so thats worth something.

Best of luck finding a used repro out there. I have seen 2 of them in my life of muzzleloading since the mid 70's. One was way bak then the other was in the last few years. A gunbuilder in our club was working on one to get it in good shooting condition. Same make on both.

rafterrob, thanks, for them sad but true words of encouraging advice!maybe just there is one lurking in the shadows for me??

I believe that this is what you are hoping to find with the exception of the price.

Woody

EDIT: I removed the link to a auction. Please read the following forum rule.

35: Do not post links to classified ads or auction items (yes, this includes the name of the domain and the item number).

Last edited by a moderator:
Woody,WOW!thanks man. yeah that is basically it except for the $495.00 price tab at the buy it now price! thanks for letting me know that there are some out there. just not now. best, toot.

Going to be tough to find a Murdock second hand - that someone will let go. As mentioned above, you rarely see them come up for sale or at auctions. Appears their owners simply won't part with them. But good luck anyway.
In years past I've purchased two pistols from the vendor mentioned above, one being the Murdock, the other being the English Heavy Dragoon. The initial quality of both were ok. I sent the locks off to Earl Kathan to be tuned (wish he was still working). But both locks had the same problem: With the lock at half-cock, with a correct size flint in the jaws, you could not close the frizzen on top of the pan all the way. Of course this was due to the incorrect position of the tumbler notch(s). Not any easy fix. But Earl figured a fix and both locks work well now. I don't know if this is a "common" problem with Indian made locks. But I suppose we would be hearing more if it is. Just a couple thoughts.

Rick
DSC00113 (Medium).JPG

Back