• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Smart Balls

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm asking this because I need a break. If I bend a rifle barrel around an oak tree, will it shoot in an arc till the ball eventually drops to the ground, or hits the chipmunk hiding behind another tree? I should know these things.

I have shot quit a few smart arse balls. Will be shooting a good group and , of course. that is when the smart arse ball will show it `s face and be 6 or so inches away !!

Are you in the northern or Southern Hemisphere?

Is the barrel bent around the tree in a clockwise or counterclockwise direction?

Is the rifling a right or left handed twist?

This makes a difference.

I've found that some RBs just do not want to be shot. If I drop it more than once when trying to get it patched and started, I just assume that one was trying to make a getaway, and I let it go. If I force it to be fired, there's no telling where it will end up, but i can guarantee it won't be on target.

I'm asking this because I need a break. If I bend a rifle barrel around an oak tree, will it shoot in an arc till the ball eventually drops to the ground, or hits the chipmunk hiding behind another tree? I should know these things.
I use the wrinkled balls that i cast up. Wrinkles act like seams on a baseball. I can get em to curve to about 8 inches so far. Calm day, aim center bull, hits 8" most right or left depending on which way i load the wrinkles. Check my targets, i can prove it.

I use the wrinkled balls that i cast up. Wrinkles act like seams on a baseball. I can get em to curve to about 8 inches so far. Calm day, aim center bull, hits 8" most right or left depending on which way i load the wrinkles. Check my targets, i can prove it.
Wrinkled balls? I can relate to that...

Back