• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Suggested starting load for .32 cal, plus powder measure rec...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the info fellas. Im thinking I'm going to start at 15 grains of 3fg and work up from there. I don't see myself requiring more than probably25 grains, even so that gives me plenty of room to experiment. As soon as I get to a load that gives me a walnut sized group or smaller at 25 yards, I'll call that good to go.

I love the 32, it's my favorite caliber to shoot by far. Lead and powder just seem to last forever. I really like lighter powder charges in mine the best. I rarely shoot over 20 grains and usually it's 10 or 15 with 15 being my favorite. Even a 10 or 15 grain charge in a 32 will really tear up a rabbit or squirrel so keep that in mind when it comes to shot placement. Best of luck with yours.

One problem with small charges is that the ball may get seated so far down that it blocks the touch hole. I have a .32 cal that needs at least 20 grains to keep the patched ball above the touch hole. To check: put a feather in the touch hole, and see if it moves as you seat the ball on the powder.

One problem with small charges is that the ball may get seated so far down that it blocks the touch hole. I have a .32 cal that needs at least 20 grains to keep the patched ball above the touch hole. To check: put a feather in the touch hole, and see if it moves as you seat the ball on the powder.

I would think that your touch hole is probably pretty far off the face of the breech if the patched ball covers it up with a light load. My touch hole will be about 1/8 th of an inch in front of the face of the plug, so I don't think it would take much powder to keep the patched ball above the hole.

My ‘standard’ 32 caliber squirrel load in Pedersoli flint (and percussion) is 12 grains of 3F Swiss. An inch high at 25 yards, about an inch low at 50. Use a Ballistic Products 1-1/2 buckshot in a wet patch, with a .375” hard felt wad (Duro-Felt Products) over the powder. I standardize on 3F Swiss for most of my shooting, but 4F shows a lot of promise in 32 caliber, at least in my opinion.

Back