• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

C.S. Richmond Rifle Musket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just picked up a used Armi Sport Richmond armory musket at a really decent price. Very nice condition and really hasnt been shot much. That being said, the nose cap and butt plate which are supposed to be brass, are actually brass colored steel. Why Armi Sport ever did this is beyond my understanding. I have been searching for brass replacements for them and cannot find a source. Do any of you know where I can go for them? I can make Pedersoli parts fit if I could find them. A nose cap from a Pedersoli Enfield or Cook carbine are probably all the same. The butt plate would also work from a Fayettville rifle. If any of you can help I would appreciate it greatly.
James

Now I have to go check my “brass” parts! And I have been to a few skirmishes- hadn’t even noticed. Would be interested to see what you find out!

JamesT,
If you would and it's really to satisfy my interests and curiosity, please say what you find the bore diameter to be. And have you checked the rate of twist?
My Armisport Model 1858 was built with a 48" twist, not true to the originals but an improvement depending upon your wants.

JamesT,
If you would and it's really to satisfy my interests and curiosity, please say what you find the bore diameter to be. And have you checked the rate of twist?
My Armisport Model 1858 was built with a 48" twist, not true to the originals but an improvement depending upon your wants.
My Armi Sport Richmond measures right at .575”. It loves a .577 mini. My Richmond Carbine, unfortunately measures .577”.

Well I found a butt plate and nose cap made correctly of brass through Taylor Arms of Winchester,VA. Good customer service and I would recommend them to anyone looking for correct brass for their armisport Richmond armory musket.

S & S firearms in Queens, NY. BTW...I own the Armisport CS Richmond carbine (.579+ bore size) and it loves the RCBS Hodgdon minie' ball. 50/50 beeswax and crisco for lube, 40 gr. FFF GOEX and size under 2 thousands of an inch. The rate of twist is 1:72. Great firearm.

JamesT,
Rate of twist is 1:72 on my CS Richmond

I have an ArmiSport CS Richmond, I don't even know the bore size but it shoots well enough with sized .575 Mines and .562 patched round balls and they both glide right down the pipe, one after the other with no wiping.

I may try sized .577's.

I also had an ArmiSport 1861 that was a tack driver, I didn't know what I was doing 20 years ago and sold it.

I wouldn't worry too much about the "fake" brass, Pedersoli does this too on their Spanish flintlock musket.

ArmiSport makes nice shooting rifles, my only complaint with mine is the light colored walnut (?) they use for the stocks and throw a thin coat of stain on that rubs off if you look at it wrong. I use mine as a range shooter so it isn't a big deal. Mine is very reliable, I even use a Treso #11 cap nipple with no problem

I just realized to my horror that I completely botched my above post. My Richmond Rifle has a .577” bore and likes .575” Minies. The Richmond Carbine has a .579” bore and likes .577” Minies. I swear I wasn’t drinking!

I just realized to my horror that I completely botched my above post. My Richmond Rifle has a .577” bore and likes .575” Minies. The Richmond Carbine has a .579” bore and likes .577” Minies. I swear I wasn’t drinking!
Sounds like maybe you just weren't drinking enough! :thumb:

Back