• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD .54 cal. Flintlock Plains Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Purchased this Plains Rifle a month or so ago through a Gent on Penn’s Woods, and had it shipped to me. It is a beautiful gun, but a little too much for me. I guess I am more partial to a swamped LR than I thought.

Fitted with a nice striped maple stock that has a poured pewter nosecap. The stock has a few very minor hunting character marks, but no scratches/gouges, etc… The seller said it is finished with BLO. It has a .54 cal., 1” x 36” square bottom rifled barrel with a 1:70 twist, that I would guess is a Green Mt., but would not swear to it. It is browned and is held in by a hooked breech and two wedges. It has an L&R Long Hawken adj. rear sight and brass blade front.

The lock is an L&R Late English, and the double set/double phase triggers are L&R Hawken. Unset firing is a bit heavier then set firing, but not a great deal. All furniture is browned steel. The only “imperfection” is that COOPERSTOWN is set into the top barrel flat behind the rear sight, and it looks to be that he/she used single letter punches. I do not know the story about it, nor the builder. No other markings are on the barrel.

Price for the gun is $1,000.00, and shipping will be on the buyer. I have a cut down wooden Jim Kibler rifle box that will be used for shipping. More pics available by email.
PM me if interested and thanks for looking!

Rusty

.54 cal. Plains 1.jpg
.54 cal. Plains 2.jpg
.54 cal. Plains 5.jpg
.54 cal. Plains 6.jpg

Good looking rifle. There's something odd with the frizzen screw though.

That's it! Didn't see a screw head........ just a senior moment. It will pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back