• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Haz Mat Shipping Charge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While on vacation in Michigan was disappointed at the Cabellas. Was looking for a pedersoli bess and they had no muzzleloaders in stock. And... only had a few stuffed animal mounts to view.

Maybe with barbless hooks?

It wouldn't help. If you do C&R the tree huggers will say you're torturing the fish. Which isn't far from the truth. To be honest. I'm more comfortable killing big game to eat than I am catching trout and releasing them. It's like just wounding big game and letting them run off. I've backed off from fishing this year for that very reason. The answer is to catch the fish and eat them but i'm not a fish eater. I prefer meat.

I have an ample supply of CCI musket winged caps and need to trade a few cans for # 10 or #11 caps for my C&B revolvers. Can I do this through the mail without Big Brother hassles?
It may be often done through the mail without consequence, I don’t know, but remember, the responsibility falls on the shipper to keep things legal. For a few cans of caps..... could put a crimp in your future shooting options.

The last time I was at Cabelas, in Hamburg, Pa, was my last time at Cabelas if you get my drift. I remember going there when they first opened that store back in like 2003. We would spend a minimum of about 4 hours there. It was fun to watch the grand kids look at the big fish tank. And the moose in the big pond, and all the animals on the mountain. Then we'd all go upstairs and have a nice lunch. Went there for the last time last year or so. Place was a joke. The safari looked like a cheap sideshow. The hunting department was a shell of its former self. Hardly any black powder gear. The sticker shock room miserable. No used guns on racks to check out and handle. We probably were there less than an hour. Haven't been back, and doubt I ever will.

The nearest Cabela's or Bass Pro is about 200 miles north or south of me. I get nearly all of my black powder supplies online or just before deer season when Walmart has some items in stock.
The last powder I bought was from Graf & Sons. Their hazmat fee was only $12.50. You have to buy a minimum of 4 pounds which isn't bad.

Was at Cabelas in Hamond Ind. today . Wont be going back there again . I get the impression that they are phasing out firearms.

Was at Cabelas in Hamond Ind. today . Wont be going back there again . I get the impression that they are phasing out firearms.
Might be the case. Bowing to the PC culture will only embolden the activists who will never be satisfied.

Was at Cacelas in Hamberg PA on Friday what a joke it was like going to a out of business sale At Kmart I would always stop in to the original Cabelas in Sydney Nebraska when ever I had time coming back east every week in the 80”s and 90”s.welp yep Friday last time for me at cabelas

Hazmat fee is a money making scheme, nothing more. Ask any driver just where is the special area for the "Hazmat" packages, there ain't one ! They throw them anywhere they can fit them. If this fee was truly abut special handling and safety there would be a locker for "Explosives" or other "Flammable" shipments. You can even look in the back of the trucks and see the piles of boxes just packed anywhere.
I think this was just to screw us sportsman, not to be any safer.

The only tree huggers I talk too are Loggers....those other ones, you're better off just talking too the tree.... It's more intelligent.

It's hard not talking to them when i'm on the river fly fishing and the huggers are on the bank screaming at me.

Hazmat fee is a money making scheme, nothing more. Ask any driver just where is the special area for the "Hazmat" packages, there ain't one ! They throw them anywhere they can fit them. If this fee was truly abut special handling and safety there would be a locker for "Explosives" or other "Flammable" shipments. You can even look in the back of the trucks and see the piles of boxes just packed anywhere.
I think this was just to screw us sportsman, not to be any safer.

There is one restriction. It has to be shipped by ground. No planes.

Back