• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD WTS Lyman Great Plains Rifle .50 flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a problem where I finally decide to part with a piece from my collection, but by the time I'm done inspecting, cleaning, photographing, and posting it, I'm too attached to give it up. That's where I'm at with this one. But I don't have the time these days to master shooting a flinter, and other stuff is becoming more important right now. So someone buy this quick before I change my mind.

It's a Lyman Great Plains Rifle, in .50 caliber, flintlock. Bought new by me back in November of 2007. It was a display model so had a few bumps and bruises, and I've since added a few of my own. 2008 me stripped the bluing off the furniture, and gave it some patina, with the intention of draw-filing the barrel and browning it to give it a more historical look. Never got as far as doing the barrel. I shot it maybe ~50 times. I lent it to a friend for a few years, who never shot it, but while in his care it picked up some rust staining/freckling in places. I tried to show them in the photos. Sadly some dark patches exist in the bore as well but I can't get photos of those. They're minor, and the rifling is still sharp.

LINK TO PHOTO ALBUM

The photos should tell the rest of the story. Sights are zeroed (spacer under rear sight) for 80gr FF and a PRB. It's a great (plains) rifle, with a great trigger, meant to be used and hunted with, tinkered with. Not just sitting in my safe getting wiped down once a year.

Asking $475 shipped in the lower 48. Payment via PayPal Friends and Family with NO NOTES added. If you want to use Goods and Services, total price is $489.50. This is cross-posted to other forums.

I might consider trading for the same rifle in .54 caliber percussion.

Lyman GPR (1 of 16).jpg
Lyman GPR (11 of 16).jpg
Lyman GPR (2 of 16).jpg

Dear Sir,
Would you be willing to trade for a a percussion GPR in .50?
If so, please email at [email protected] and we can work out details. If not, I wish you well selling it.
Thank you, David

Rob, I think that is just the perspective from which the picture was taken. Actually, the touchhole placement looks about ideal to me.

I think this is it -- it seems to be level with the top of the pan, but the photo makes it look a bit high. Thanks guys.

pm sent I have a 54 cap lock GPR i would trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back